Monday, March 07, 2005

Ballet High

I know ballet flats have been on the scene for a while now but no one is as ecstatic about it as I am. Oh no, I say! I have been a fan of the ballet flat since I was a little girl wearing Strawberry Shortcake knee-highs with lavender Minnetonka moccasins. My dream shoe was a black ballet flat with a thin shoe string bow. Why? CUZ THATS WHAT BETTY AND VERONICA WORE IN EVERY ARCHIE COMIC BOOK I EVER READ. And I read alot of them. Every Double Digest pictured my homegirls wearing their signature ballet flats with a vast assortment of skirts and capris. They were my fashion icons. They were....timeless.
Yesterday I picked up a pair of these shoes at Payless. The shoe store where you can still buy regular priced shoes for NINE DOLLARS. No wonder there is a primitive mound of shoes quivering under the darkness of my bed. No wonder the floor of my closet is littered with the bodiless souls of some hundreds of shoes.
NINE DOLLARS FOR MY DREAM SHOE.
The world is mine.

8 comments:

The Saturnyne said...

Muhahahahaha! Now my dream item is something else entirely... i invite yer to come over and have a butchers at its picture in me Lounge...

Hee!

S.x

Random and Odd said...

I loved my strawberry shortcake knee highs!!

I tried on the ballet shoe. My feet were too big.

I went with the tap shoes. No, I didn't tap dance. I just felt fancy clicking around the house in them!

Anonymous said...

GREAT BALLET FLATS HERE...

GEEKBIRD.BLOGSPOT.COM

Strizz said...

No pic no nothin?

How about a pair of those jellie shoes. Nothing syas summer fun like plastic on your feet.

Cece Martinez said...

JELLIES! I LOVED MY JELLIES!

Cece Martinez said...

Kristine- I wear a size 8-1/2 but I bought a 9. Are yours bigger than that?

Random and Odd said...

I'm a 9...and that really means I am a 9 and a half.

Anonymous said...

This may come as a surprise to you, Cece and Kristine, but us guys *love* the sight of a girl in ballet flats. Especially this time of year when girls wear them with skirts, without stockings. To me its an incredibly sweet and innocent look. Thank the Lord I have a wife who enjoys dressing up that way :)