I never arrive to work feeling beautiful. I always feel a bit disheveled, as a matter of fact. Which is why I was so stunned today when my co-worker commented that I looked like the type of woman who would have long, manicured, immaculate nails. Of course I laughed in his face and produced my short, clipped and sensible fingernails.
I also responded by saying, "Do I LOOK like the kind of woman who would have fancy nails?! I have two boys under the age of 10. Ya can't assemble BIONICLES with fancy nails, CAN YOU?"
And for the record, you can't.
So here's me. Feeling like my hair is constantly messy and my make-up perpetually rubbed off by my constant oral fixation which causes me to either obsessively rub my lips, chew on my pen, or bite my own fingers. I also have a habit of sleepily rubbing my eyes, leaving a Tammy Faye type of imprint on my fists. So much for eye make-up. I nervously twist at my hair and I often sit with my legs folded up in my task chair, "Indian Style".
IF for some reason I decide to get some fake nails for some special occasion, I always manage to chew them off within a weeks time. Not because I'm a nail biter but because I'm just a biter. Roy can vouch for that.
So what would a woman such as myself be doing with classy hands?
Not much.
7 comments:
you like that "Indian Style" dont ya?!?!?
HA!
Women seem to find it difficult to take a compliment, I find. If I think a female friend or work colleague is looking pretty, I'm the sort of person who will tell them. It's hard to make them understand that it isn't a come on, or that I'm not taking the piss. Or maybe that's just Australian girls...
you had fingernails? guess i didn't notice. but what i did notice was my fingernails...wrapped around a cold bud! mmmmmmm....bud.
you know your classy cece. hell u got a pizza joint named after you! and if that don't say class, then I don't know what the hell does.
criss cross applesauce honey, no longer "Indian style" heh
Wome do have trouble with compliments, kinda sad actually. I have actually come to the point in my life were I will just say Thankyou, and not tear myself down. It is HARD to do. Although I just dyed my hair and my SILs only comment was ...you colored your hair....EEEK what does THAT mean?
I think you don't feel sexy because of the "farting" incident. Give me a call this weekend so you can put the Millenium Falcon lego set together that I just got. Just playing. If you want to feel sexier at work, just view everyone you work with as a scumbag. I swear to God this works as I am Tom Cruise every weekday. Of course I drop down to Brad Pitt on the weekends.
obviously, they're just saying you look classy and you're a hottie?
like how everyone at work thinks i'm high maintenance... wtf is up with that? at any rate, i'm NOT. for the record. also, you should see my nails, too. horrific. :P
Post a Comment