Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Foiled Again

Last night was another loss. The Boobahs (dooce) were calling out to us in their creepy sing-song voices, only to be drowned out by Peepers and his angry squawking. Guess who won?
For some odd reason...and I will not argue this point with Roy any further, Peepers required a bottle last night. It has been MY experience that when Peepers eats a late dinner, he does not have need of a last bottle. Peepers can't HAVE bottles after 9pm because of his ability to spit up an entire 6 ounces of lactose-free formula like some sort of garden fount. Peepers ate his dinner, which consisted of Stage 3 Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Gerber and some Gerber Pears, at approximately 7:30pm. This left me only an hour in between his last meal and his latest possible feeding time. Naturally, I assumed he was done for the night. He was bathed, Cris was bathed, covers were tucked in, showers were taken...scanty clothing was assembled strategically and then a chorus of SQUAWKSQUAWKSQUAWK erupted JUST in time.
We gave him Tylenol, we swabbed his gums (or gooms as my gramms would say) with Baby Orajel which he promptly clamped down upon with his two tiny chiclet teeth, we cranked up the Pooh Bear mobile, we gave him his blankie, we danced an Irish jig around the crib and waved rain sticks in the air...er...I mean we ducked and crept away from the crib as though we had mysteriously dropped off the face of the earth...and in retrospect...that may not really be comforting to a squalling infant. We even resorted to laying him down in between us hoping to succeed with the old bait and switch routine...meaning we lull him into a false sense of security until he has drifted into sleep and once we're positive his REM mode is significantly activated, we cautiously dump his unconscious body back into the crib and resume our Boobah Business. HOWEVER. None of these methods seemed to be working...not even when I exclaimed in exasperation..."Okay Miko, this isn't Broadway. Enough of your theatrics." And Roy quipped back..."Yeah, Miko. This isn't the theater and we don't need your Nutcracker."
No...not even THAT subdued him.
Fever? No. Belly ache? No. Mylicon Drops had been dispensed. Well then WHAT THE HECK IS THIS GUY'S PROBLEM?? He was obviously very distressed. Lucky for me, Miko only squawks when something is not right. Bellyache, tooth pain, fever, constipated, or...or...(duh) he's hungry.
And apparently last night that kid was HUNGRY with a CAPITAL H.
Okay fine.
By the time we figured this out and fed him a bottle, it was 11pm, Roy was watching TV in the living room and my Boobah meter had taken a nosedive. I was rumpled, tired and feeling very unappealing so I scooped up the already snoozing Peepers and gently deposited him in his crib. I checked the alarm and slumped into the bed...briefly debated retrieving Roy but figured that the mood was screwed and yet I STILL lay down provocatively (or so I thought) clinging to my pillow in hopes that he may yet chance upon me and wake me up with a kiss...a la Snow White...or was it Sleeping Beauty...or was it both? WhatEVER. He didn't. By the time I was roused from my slumber it was only because I had become caught in the blanket and couldnt roll over.
Tonight, its ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.

9 comments:

Pissy Britches said...

Oh goodness! You poor thing. That totally sucks. You reminded me just now of what it was like to have an infant. I so do not miss being woken up like that. Thanks for the birth control! Good luck with getting your groove on tonight!!

Strizz said...

Thanks for the post clarification. Not only is my man Hot but he is also sweet and romantic, sometimes.

I totally laughed at your post as I go through the SAME thing. Only with Margi I lift the blanket it up and shake it about for a second before disapearing like some type of magician. I love the Broadway thing you have happening. I sooo Cannot have sex if the baby is crying. It just feels wrong on many levels. However last night my son, who is camped out in our room as he needs meds every 3 hours, went out to watch a movie in the living room. The baby was in bed so hubby said "This is your chance. Be ready when I come back." And by ready he means naked from the waist down and in some sort of postion. But alas he kissed on my neck and back for a few minutes then got busy. The man MISSED me when he was away for one night. Ok, I just blogged all over your comment section.

Cece Martinez said...

LMFAO!
SCORE!

grace said...

hehehe... wait... awww, see? we can't have kids! i'd be the worst mom ever. i'd be all screaming, "SHUT UP SO MOMMY AND DADDY CAN GET THEIR GROOVE ON, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

Anonymous said...

so, what you are saying is, peepers gets to... well... "peep" when you are doing the hibbidy dibbidy?

and you are also saying that you gave him tylenol, unnecessarily?

Cece Martinez said...

Peepers don't peep nothin! And hey! I thought he was teething! so yeah...I guess I did unecessarily medicate him. I'm not above sedation either. hehehe.

SJ said...

Is "donkey kong" a reference to what Roy's packin'...?

Anonymous said...

ian - i am going to ASSume, i am assuming you are a guy, but why the FUCK are you asking about roy's... well... you know...

Cece Martinez said...

Ian: Thats a phrase Roy uses but...I suppose...well...perhaps. hehehe. :oP