Monday, January 03, 2005

Weekend In Review

Thursday Night.
I packed up the boys and when Roy got home from work, we left for my Mom and Dads house to drop them off for a fun-filled New Years Weekend with Gramma and Grampa...aka...The Treat People. Good times. No amount of wheedling could persuade Cristian to accompany us on our trip after my dad finished with the firework bribery. Not even the opportunity to see his cousin Isaiah.
To this dilemna, he offered the following response..."Mom..I really WANT to see Isaiah. I really DO. But. I want to pop fireworks just a little bit more."
So fine. Pack up your Yu-Gi-Oh! backpack and just GO. GO!

Friday Morning.
Bright and early (but not as early as we had intended), we crawled out of bed and assembled our baggage and accessories. I had purchased a nice stack of tabloids to occupy my time. Coffee mug in hand, snacks within arm's reach, we set out. When Roy and I take road trips, I am the assigned navigator. But guess what? After almost 2 years of marriage, Roy still hasn't figured out and/or resigned himself to the fact that I CANNOT NAVIGATE. First and foremost...I have tabloids to read. Secondly, I have bad eyesight. And thirdly, I have no sense of direction. Honey, come on. COME ON. Just let me read my tabloids in peace, will you?
We did enjoy the ride (well I did since I wasn't driving) and we made it to Austin in good time. The only low point of our trip being when we passed by the outlet malls in San Marcos and I bemoaned the fact that we couldnt stop. It went something like this.
"Hey theres the outlet malls. HEY THERES THE OUTLET MALLS! PULL OVER THE GODDAMNED CAR AND TAKE ME TO THE OUTLET MAAAAAAAAAAALLLS!"
But Roy had fire in his eyes and when he's THAT close to his destination after driving 4 hours, he's not inclined to stop for ANYTHING. Least of all, spending money. Sigh. A sadness in my heart settled in as we drove past the last Pfaltzgraff Outlet Store.
So we finally get to Hilda's house and we get to see the new baby and he IS white and tiny and he looks an awful lot like his dad but even so he's super cute. JUST KIDDING RICHARD. And we also saw Isaiah and Jacob and the beast, Seneca (who has been mentioned here before in a post titled Roy The Angry Yardman but I am too lazy to look up the link for you at the moment. maybe later.) The Beast is Richard's Saint Bernard. She is an indoor dog. Yeah. I said she is a Saint Bernard AND I said she is an indoor dog and yes I know those two things shouldn't go together realistically. She is also 56 in dog years and STILL A VIRGIN. Poor girl.
We unloaded all of our crap and since it was lunchtime, Richard took us to a place called The County Line, which is located on Bee Cave Hill and has...hands down...THE BEST FREAKING BBQ EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. We enjoyed two fat, fresh loaves of home baked bread with honey butter as an appetizer and for dessert Isaiah and I shared homemade apple cobbler topped with HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM. er. Did you read that? HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM. Yum. Times two. After lunch Hilda, Mom, and I parted ways with the guys and did some shopping. YAY SHOPPING! After some unfruitful shopping, we stopped at the Wal-Mart Supercenter to pick up shrimp and chicken for dinner...okay and booze for New Years Eve Festivities...okay and diapers too...and went back to Hilda and Richard's house for some family bonding time. I started drinking some cranberry flavored something that I picked out but I got about halfway through it and decided it was just putting me to sleep rather than making me a WILD AND CRAZY NEW YEARS EVE PARTY GIRL.
So anyway. We rang in the New Year, pulled out the sofa bed, and passed out. It had been a long day.

Saturday Morning.
I woke up to the following things. Seneca's heavy breathing and Isaiah poking at me from underneath the sofa bed. Mom made a big breakfast of eggs, potatoes, chorizo and HOMEMADE TORTILLAS and we headed home. About halfway home, we passed through a town called Falfurrias. Yes, I know that is one weird fucking name and if you say it out loud it sounds even weirder. There is only ONE thing in Falfurrias worth stopping for and that would be the Historical Marker which signifies that you are now passing by the Shrine to Don Pedrito Jaramillo. A famed Texan Curandero. Naturally, being Mexican, we stopped. I lit a candle, bought a couple of books for research, and purchased one red beaded bracelet for Peepers to ward off the Ojo. See? Kabbalahist arent the only ones who wear red bracelets for that. Superstitious and ill-informed Catholics do too. When we arrived at the house, my parents brought the boys over and there was a joyous reunion. Well between ourselves and Peepers anyway. Cristian just came home to see if we bought him anything probably.
We ended up at my mother in law's house that night and hung out with Julie and Mark. Good times.

Sunday Morning.
Roy went to work. Peepers let me sleep in. I cleaned the house and took down all of the Christmas Decor. The only notable part of this day was when Cody came over in the evening and I bleached his hair. Not that I mentioned this to HIM, but I've never done someone's hair before. Despite this fact, it came out looking pretty good.
The most fun part of the whole thing was when I jammed Cody's head underneath the faucet in the kitchen sink and he screamed..."COLD WATER BURN BABY! COLD WATER BURN BABY!" Sheesh. What a wimp. I mean...his scalp wasnt chemically burned THAT bad.

Monday Morning.
Work sucks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun times fun times! :)

oh yea, and cody... how about just bleach your hair yourself! i did it for 2 years, its more fun that way. and just incase it comes out looking odd, you can just be like, umm, i did it myself, i couldnt see that part! haha

grace said...

you had me at homemade tortillas... yum!!!!

Roberto Campana said...

Cece! County Line? I mean it's good, but Rudy's Bar B Que is a hundred times better. Next time your in San Antonio, let me know, i'll take you guys there, my treat.

Falfurrias? Yeah everytime we pass through there on the way to McAllen or Reynosa, we scream...."2 Fast, 2 Falfurrias!" Yeah, I know we are nerds.

Cece Martinez said...

RC: You aren't a County Line Worshipper?! Dang.
2 Fast, 2 Furrias is 2 Fucking Funny!

Manan: Cody tried that once. He had a polka-dotted head. Which is why I demanded that he let me fix it.

Grace: (waving tortillas) Grace? Wanna come visit me?

Cody said...

Yeah, i tried bleaching my hair by myself and it came out retarded. It looked like a crayon kicked the shit outta me. Cece wanted to fix it and Cece got to fix it. She LOVES blasting cold, cold water in people's ears and her nails are like broken bottles dancing on your scalp. She did a good job though.