Monday, May 02, 2005

A Few Reasons Why I Should Never Take My Kids To The Mall EVER AGAIN

My baby in his stroller has suddenly sprouted windmill arms and his chubby hands have become five-hooked grabbers. Any article of clothing dangling within his reach is TOAST.

Are we going to KB yet? When are we going to KB?

The stroller I am pushing has four serviceable wheels. FOUR FREAKING WHEELS. So why don’t they ROLL where I steer them?! What? Oh. Because the kid in the stroller is hanging onto that skirt which is still stuck to the hanger, which is still hanging on the rack, which I passed two feet back? That makes sense.

Department stores fail to allow proper passage through cluttered racks and tables. Hey people. I got a kid here with windmill arms. I need at least a 4 foot clearing. I AM TRYING TO SPEND MONEY IN YOUR STORE. Can’t you just make it a LITTLE bit easier for me?

Are we almost going to KB yet? Now? Now are we going to KB?

Eight year old kids think its funny to hide in the middle of circular clothing racks while you frantically swivel back and forth looking for them. Jerk.

If you save the trip to KB Toy Store for last, then you have to hear about it the ENTIRE time you are trying to shop. If you do it first, then your kid wants to leave right after and you have to hear about how NOW they’re ready to go home.

KB Toy Store is a FREAKING MESS. I mean like…A HORRENDOUS MESS. I mean like…there’s crap ALL OVER THE PLACE. And the KIDS. There’s KIDS EVERYWHERE. It’s like walking into a small country run by KIDS. And they’re evil. Its an EVIL COUNTRY. And the minute you walk out of there you feel a relief tantamount to birthing an 8 ½ lb child.

Are we leaving yet? Hey. Mom. Mom. Mom. Are we leaving yet? When are we going home? Are we going home now?

After all that, not one thing fit. Not one thing looked right. Not one thing was on sale. Not one thing was the right color. NOT ONE THING WAS BOUGHT.


What a waste.

10 comments:

Roberto Campana said...

poor cece. u guys should leave the kids with the parents and make a shopping trip up here. north star mall, and san marcos are good for shopping.

Cece Martinez said...

Michael, quit speed reading for the love of God!

Roberto...we're going to Austin this weekend to pick up Roy's mom but I opted out of the Mother's Day shopping spree and picked out a video camera instead.
Roy (hearts) Me!

Sissy- I have plenty of other things to wear that my husband "just doesn't get". hehehe.

Roberto Campana said...

You should stop here for lunch or something! the riverwalk is nice nowadays. are u coming thru here? austin isn't far from here, only about 45 mins.

Cece Martinez said...

Hey maybe we can meet up? I'll give you a call. Email your number again.

Roberto Campana said...

sounds good. what day?

and yeah, i i'll email it you. will this count as a older woman asking my number? that way i can brag about it? I won't mention names, and i'll leave out the your happily married with two kids part.

grace said...

MM's comment made me laugh out loud.

and btw, i hate shopping. ugh. just reading about your shopping trip gave me anxiety.

Anonymous said...

i hate sierra vista, arizona!!! lol... sounds like you had a fun time at the mall tho ;)

The Saturnyne said...

I want more cute baby pics!

I also want all children BANNED from toy stores! Adults need their playtime, too! And let's face it, toys are just WASTED on kids!

S.x

PS: Cece my dear, will ya please send me yer addy again... i've lost it and have a yummy parcel that's just dying to reach you and proclaim it's happiness to you... this ones coming via REGISTERED, so i can keep an eye on it until it leaves my country... after that, God knows!

Roberto Campana said...

Cece, did u get my email? let me know!

Cece Martinez said...

Yes and yes!