It wasn’t bad enough that I had to work late on Friday. Or that I had to get up early for a soccer tournament on Saturday. Or that I had to go back in to work on Saturday afternoon. It didn’t help that we ordered the Couture/Lidell fight and Couture went down by knockout, either. Oh no. No no.
It all came to a head on Sunday morning. Blessed day of the Lord in our year of Two Thousand and Five. Miko had been sick last week but was on antibiotics so we were under the incorrect assumption that he was doing better. But after having cried off and on ALL SATURDAY NIGHT, we knew for sure that he was not. Early Sunday morning, after Roy had pressed his work clothes, fixed his hair and was looking ever the Sharp Dressed Man on his way to his Sunday shift, he picked up Miko for a little goodbye snuggle and Miko opened his tiny little rosebud lips and loosed a continuous stream of curdled formula like a cherubic fount all over Roy.
And Roy…with one eye open and one eye squinched shut against the steady milky dribble draining down from his forehead, politely asked me…”Can you please get a towel?” And the rest of the day went much the same, except after that, I was the lucky recipient of Miko’s inability to digest any sustenance.
I wish it was Friday again. I really need a Do-Over.
6 comments:
Maybe his name should have been Ralph. hehe :)
At least you didn't hhave to make the title "The day that reminded me of that scene from Stand by Me." The fight was bullshit but thanks for having me over.
well, there's always next weekend? :)
Coulda been worse... coulda been reminiscent of The Exorcist scene with all the pea soup.
Hope the little one is getting better, dearie.
love
S.x
Poor baby!
In the hope of giving you a giggle, i gave your blog:
mold.
Just the other day. (see blog)
S.x
Post a Comment