I am dragging ass today. My co-worker brought a carafe full of Almond Ameretto Coffee from who knows where and he always shares his coffee with me so I am hoping this huge mug I filled will be sufficient fuel to let me coast through the rest of th e day. Not that I can’t get free coffee from the ER breakroom or Administration but lets face…free or not…that coffee just doesn’t cut it.
I keep taking big gulps of this warm buttery brew and opening my mouth with an audible “aaaaaaaah”. I can feel the rich dark liquid streaming all the way down.
Dang I love coffee.
Yesterday I picked up a bucket of KFC for dinner because I thought Roy and Cris were going to have to rush off to Cub Scouts but of course, Cub Scouts had been rescheduled by the Scout Master…aka…my DAD and naturally he failed to inform ME. But anyway…the nastiest thing happened while I was attempting to pull off a layer of original recipe from my piece of chicken. I pinched a particularly crunchy looking morsel and I totally got squirted in the face with chicken fat. I kind of sat there for a moment in disbelief and then the thought of a hundred pimples sprouting galvanized me into action. Of course this meant that I had to stop shoving food into Miko’s mouth and this did not please him. No, not one bit. I don’t think I will ever eat fried chicken again.
I was up late last night working on my Mom’s Mother’s Day gift and just in case she finally did track down my blog as she had threatened to do (which I imagine wouldn’t be that difficult) I will not disclose precisely what it is that I was working on. But I’m pretty sure when she opens it, she’s going to start crying. And then I’ll start crying.
Roy was up late doing homework and about 15 minutes after I had scooted him into bed, Cristian came out into the living room and “just remembered” that he still had some homework to finish. So we were ALL up late. Well except for Miko. Although he did TRY to party like a rock star rather than lay down.
This morning I was driving to daycare and Miko was propped in his carseat like a little doll. A little Troll Baby doll. Hi s hair was poking up like Don King’s and his nose was a little button on his face. His cheeks were plump and flushed and I SWEAR he looked like one of these little naked troll dolls. Except that he wasn’t naked, he was wearing a sleepsuit. I kept fighting the urge to pull over and devour him whole.
Well that about sums up my last 24 hours.
5 comments:
Troll for breakfast, beats a hot cup of joe, no?
"dang"? lol
"dang" makes me think of joe dirt
my first job was at KFC, oh the stories I could tell you about that place!
mmmmmm...troll.
That was the grossest thing I have ever heard about fried chicken.
Post a Comment