Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ode To The Hoodie

HEY OLD NAVY.
When did your sizes shrink?! Bastards.
I am slowly beginning to slough off the remainder of my Christmas Gift to myself…that being about 10 pounds worth of chocolates. Although for Lent, I gave up all chocolate and desserts, that didn’t seem to make a bit of difference to the fat deposits clinging to my thighs for dear life. It may be because I didn’t consider a morning breakfast of Krispy Kremes as a dessert. AND WELL IT’S NOT.
So I thought I would enhance my summer wardrobe a bit and actually purchase a pair of shorts. This would cause a huge variance in my staple wardrobe of jeans, flip flops and hoodies. Even in the scorching heat of South Texas, I can’t seem to purge my closet of long sleeved, hooded paraphenalia. But I tried. I sauntered into Old Navy with money in my jeans pocket, tried on three different styles of Bermuda shorts, and walked out with three pairs of flip-flops. IN DIFFERENT COLORS.
Ah sweet piece of heaven.
Its not my fault the stupid shorts made me look like a 60 year old trailer park Momma. I got dignity, you know.
So I bought yet another pair of work out pants, which only prompted my sister to question, why I keep buying work out pants when I shudder at the thought of actually working out. To which I responded…SHUT YOUR YAP.
Oh and those work out pants…they came with a matching hoodie.

9 comments:

Roberto Campana said...

old navy is cool, the commericals are dumb, but you can find cheap clothes.

did i mention i was sorry for calling? hehe...not often do i do drunken calls.

Froggylady said...

I love me some Old Navy! I just bought some of those bermuda shorts, but because I'm short they actually fit me like capris, and I just blogged about it!

I just happened upon your blog via "next blog" and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

old navy definitely steals some of my money every now and then...

did i mention im glad you are back cece?

Anonymous said...

i missed commenting on your site so much, i resorted to posting on my own blog, imagine that...

grace said...

can't beat old navy for flip flops!

good to see you back...

The Saturnyne said...

Who needs to work out when yer obviously looking sooo cool with a matching hoodie?!

THass what i say.

I say, also: "You'll look great whatever the day" er...

i think i need to work on that saying a bit... not catchy enough.

=)

S.x

Cece Martinez said...

Thanks Grace! Old Navy flip-flops last forever too.

Saturnyne!! I didn't get my prize! boooo.

Hi Kat!

Anonymous said...

what? i dont get no love cece?

Cece Martinez said...

Hey man! Or should I say...Manan!
Scroll down! Scroll down!