Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Worst Ninja Ever

When Roy leaves the house in the morning, his noiselessness is nearly preternatural. He very cautiously showers, irons and dresses without causing even the baby to stir in his sleep. And of course, nothing short of a catastrophe would wake up me and Cris.
He’s really considerate that way.
On the other hand, there’s me. On the days when I am the early one up, it’s like watching the proverbial bull in the china shop. I am incapable of seeing in semi-lit places, I’m clumsy, and generally just an all around bumbler. I inevitably drop something, run into something or can’t find something. And if by some miracle, all of my fumbling around doesn’t wake up Miko, then I find him quite irresistable and I end up laying him down on the bed and cuddling him or gnawing on one of his cheeks.
This morning was no different as I CLANGED the ironing board into place and RIPPED the retractable cord out of the iron with an audible CLACKCLACKCLACK CLACKITY CLACK. Nor was it different when I turned on the hall light and the closet light to illuminate the room to a suitable degree. Not even when I scooped my Baby Rhino out of his crib and layed him down next to the Papa Rhino and proceeded to suction the flesh off of one of his cheeks with my puckered lips.
Not different at all.
Except that THIS time, as I fell through the doorway of the bedroom on my way out, Roy grumbled…”I SWEAR, you are like…the WORST ninja EVER.”

12 comments:

Strizz said...

I say to Margi (but pretend she is saying it) "I know Kungo Foo, I will beat you up". Then she claps, and I make her hi-ya people. So fun.

grace said...

HAH! roy is a funny, funny man.

Roberto Campana said...

Next time you leave, do like Morpheous did in The Matrix. Do that little kung fu move with your hands, and then put your hand out and do the "come closer" motion with your fingers. hahahahha...that would be retarded.

Big Heavy said...

dang i dig your show!!

hey roberto, gaby and sully are hot dude!

Roberto Campana said...

yeah, thanks big heavy. they certainly are.

Jessie said...

Ninjas are cool. Even bad ones, I reckon.

Cece Martinez said...

Well as if he hadn't already insulted my ninja abilities, I was reminded last night that I would NEVER work at Ninja Burger.
What the ?!

Cody said...

Roy's right. Only TRUE ninjas would ever be hired there. You may wear PJ's all the time to look like one, but your training is not complete.

Roberto Campana said...

Ninja Burger? Guess it's a "valle" thing.

Cece Martinez said...

I DONT WEAR PJ'S ALL THE TIME!

Cody said...

Bullshit....you'd wear them at work if you could get away with it. And Ninja Burger is real (www.ninjaburger.com).

I'm an employee. (Keepers of the Secret Sauce)

Strizz said...

cece did you get your package from me?