Cris…why does everybody stare at me when I go in there to pick you up from school?
I don’t know. Let me think about that one.
……
………….
………………..
Well?
I’m thinking about it Mom.
….…
……..…
………………
I think it’s because when the other moms come in, they like to talk a lot. Like Danny’s mom is always talking to Ms. Olivo and asking her if he was good and she talks for a long time, but you…when you come in you just ask me how my day was and wait for me to pack my things. You really don’t talk to anyone.
Is that bad of me?
No. That’s just the way you are. It’s okay. You’re fine.
Okay.
Thanks Cris.
Sure, Mom.
6 comments:
That's what I dont get Cece. You say you have anxiety or fear of speaking with others, but when I met u guys, you talked a lot! And you had never met me before? Hmmm...I dont get it.
ya know, speaking as someone who is "in the industry", not yakking up the teacher every day is JUST FINE!!! when all the parents want to talk to you it can get a bit difficult. think about it. i have 24 little cherubs. i can't imagine all of their parents wanting to chat after school every day. wanting to know how your kid is is fine (i send home a note every friday anyway). but, damnit, teachers don't live at school...we wanna go home too!!!
you're paranoid. lay off the cheeba.
robbie: you working on that other story yet?
Robert- I sort of felt like I knew you and also, I was entirely surrounded by my family. I felt secure enough to come out of my shell. I could have never done what you did. I wish I could.
Yeah, I understand. You did have Roy, Cody, and all the family there, so if you wanted to be shy, the one lady (your sister in law, aunt?) would have done all the talking. Hehe..about menstrual pads or something like that.
And nah, I didn't do anything extraordinary. I guess I just get along with whoever I meet. Roy's family was lots of fun, and that cool. Plus, throw beer in the equation and everyone is having a good time.
Robert- That had to have been Roy's sister, Julie, and her soliloquy on her daunting experience with the Great Wall Of Feminine Products.
Cheekdog- MY GOD YOUR DOG'S FACE CRACKS ME UP!
Big Heavy- I thought that would HELP me.
Post a Comment