First and FOREMOST. My apologies to Robert for not having the opportunity to give him a ring while I was in his general (but not really nearby) vicinity.
Friday 7:47am
I packed the night before. I was ready, or so I thought. Rushingrushingrushing out the door. Forgot something. Go back in. Reset the alarm. Roy asks...Do you think you'll ever walk out of the house with everything you need? I respond with a...You know what? No.
Friday 8:01am
Cristian and I are standing in line for a tardy slip. Sorry bud.
Friday 8:05am
On our way back to the house because I forgot all of our money, still stashed securely away in a secret hiding place of which I cannot inform you or my husband would kill us both.
Friday 8:40am
Drop off Miko at daycare just in time for him to still eat breakfast there because obviously I am a negligent mother who woke up at 6:45am and STILL didn't have time to feed the little sucker. Happy impending Mother's Day to me. Tralala.
Friday 8:55am
On our way to Roy's mom's house to pick up necessities to drop off to her while we are in Austin visiting my sister-in-law and her husband.
Friday 9:15am
On the road. FINALLY. Eating an Egg McMuffin and asking myself...what for. Thinking about how just a tiny little diversion would have taken us RIGHT by Starbucks AND the Kolache Factory. It's a damn vacation after all. Continue eating Egg McMuffin. I'm HATING it. So take THAT Ronald McCraphole.
Friday 10:00am
Have I mentioned? And it pains me to do so...the air con is NOT WORKING IN THE VAN. My BRAND NEW VAN. NO AIR CON. SOMEBODY SHOOT ME FOR WEARING A LONG-SLEEVED HOODIE AND HAVING HAIR ON MY HEAD. Hothothot. Sticky hair. Gritty. Sticky. Hot.
Friday, The Rest Of The Trip
It's hot. And have I mentioned that it's FREAKING HOT!? Roy and I are laughing. Yucking it up, really. Sweaty and wind blown from having the windows rolled down while doing 70mph on the Interstate. Life's a bowl of fucking cherries right now. Hot cherries. Roy gets pulled over in George West, Texas...about an hour out of San Antonio. JUST after I hung up with his mom and joked about how this guy doesn't speed. Mr. Cautious Driver. Thankfully we drove away with a warning. But while he stood outside "Yes, Sir"-ing to the officer I WAS ROASTING IN THE HOT VAN. Do you hear that Roy?! ROASTING ALIVE, I was. This prompted me to call the car dealership and pronounce my huge dissatisfaction with the current state of my van to which I was informed that I would need to drop the van off by 4pm the next day. And I would get a loaner vehicle in the interim. Hmph.
But hey, we made it to Austin. Greeted by Roy's M.I.L.F. of a sister, curiously named Hilda, her husband Richard and the three boys. THREE BOYS. God bless that woman. And Roy's mom, who has been visiting them for the past three weeks. THREE WEEKS WITHOUT HOMEMADE TORTILLAS. Cruel, cruel world. We unload, I freshened up (meaning I splashed water on my face and neck to cool off cuz the VAN WAS SO HOT) and we all went out to grab a quick bite.
At this point my vacation got quite a bit better. We came back from eating out, showered and changed and went to 6th Street in Austin. It was dreamy, really. We took a horse and carriage ride down Congress to the Capitol Building, had some drinks at the Hard Rock Cafe, grabbed a slice of pizza from a little pizzeria and walked a little ways past all of the bars and college riff-raff. It was really romantic.
Since we're old with kids though, we still got home just after midnight. I just can't party like a rock star anymore...
Saturday 8:30am
I am eating two eggs over-easy, fried potatoes and HOMEMADE TORTILLAS. I swear. When the hell is Mom coming home? I am stuffing my face and this is the best vacation ever. HOMEMADE TORTILLAS PEOPLE.
Saturday 9:00am
Less than 24 hours since we arrived, we are on our way out the door. And into the hot van.
Saturday, The Rest Of The Trip
Not much else to say about this other than it was still hot. Hotter, I think.
We picked up the boys from my parents and came home. Sweet home.
Sunday, Mother's Day
We went to Mass with my Mom and Dad and then...as if I hadn't already eaten enough crap, we went out to eat at The Longhorn Cattle Co. which is a local BBQ restaurant that serves absolutely the BEST BANANA PUDDING EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. I took a pint of it home with me. It was Mother's Day and I can do whatever I want cuz I'm a Mom and thats only important ONE DAY OUT OF THE WHOLE YEAR.
We stopped by the house to change clothes and went to hang out with Roy's sisters and their families for the rest of the evening. It was alot of fun and I made kick ass rice. Everybody said so. The kids ran around until they smelled like a jag of ass. We had cake. Good times.
Monday, The Last Day Of Vacation
Roy and I dropped off the boys at school and daycare, had a nice breakfast together, went to a movie, came home and *the following script has been sensored* and we basically just hung out and relaxed. Tomorrow I go back to work and I get to pick up my van. And in case you're interested, it was a faulty rear expansion valve that blew and leaked the coolant stuff. Whatever that means. Life will go back to normal tomorrow and that will be good, but as for the past four days...believe it or not...it was the best extended weekend ever!
15 comments:
It was Mother's Day and I can do whatever I want cuz I'm a Mom and thats only important ONE DAY OUT OF THE WHOLE YEAR.
Every day you're important!
sounds fun!!! :)
stupid minivan! :P
Car's aren't that difficult to understand. "Faulty rear expansion valve" means about $300.00. See how easy that is?
hey you forgot the part about calling Robert and eating in San Antonio! hehe, nah its cool, i was busy anyways.
speaking of that, guess what wexican might be down your way on friday?
ummm....hullo??? you are a mom and that is important 365 days a year, for, like FOREVER!!!!!
happy mother's day!
Aw shucks Jessie and Cheekdog. You're right. It's just that there are only two days out of the year that I can get away with carrying home a pint of banana pudding without feeling the least bit guilty. Mother's Day and my Birthday.
Sissy- The Roasted Cece is quite good with white wine. HA!
Grace- It was more fun that I thought it would be.
Mike...you read my blog?! Oh but it was free because that dumb van was giving us air con problems from the night we brought it home. They just finally figured it out.
Robert- Call us!
Cheekdog- What the ?! Is that your DOG?! And here I thought my shih tzus looked ridiculous! LMFAO!
Do I read your blog?!? Girlfriend! You made the linky link cut donchaknow? I just so rarely get the time to lurk around and comment.
Good deal on the warrantee fix. Still going without AC is a bitch. I live in PHoenix so it's deadly to go without. But I bet it's not a picnic in your neck of the Texan woods.
sent you an email with the details!
laughing because i'm picturing sensors strategically placed. future reference: censored. lol.
jag of ass - that's funny, we call it a 'quart o' koolaid'.
Happy Mother's Day!!
roberto: what's a wexican?
BG: A Wexican is a mixture of two races. 1/2 White + 1/2 Mexican = 1 Wexican.
A fine mixture indeed. Right fellow Wexicans?
yup....that's my yorkshire terror, cheeky, aka cheekdog. i was doing a test of my digital that day. she wasn't too happy having a flash go off in her face over and over. i'll post a nicer pic later.
Cheekdog- Cody handled my profile pic for me. I don't know how to do much with my blog other than post. hehehe. Sorry I couldn't help, but I'm sure Cody would be happy to assist. He's a good at that.
roberto: we always called them graham crackers.
That's right Rob....wexicans represent!!! Cece...you forgot to mention that special time on Sunday that made baby Jesus cry. J/K
wuv wu Cece
Post a Comment