Sunday, September 11, 2005

Friday Night Was Movie Night

Oh God how I love popcorn oozing with hot, artery-clogging butter and a fizzling icy Coke.
I love that shit enough to semi-not care that one Coke and one SMALL popcorn costs almost $10. But paying outrageous money for movie snacks is nothing compared to wading through the throng of puberty stricken pre-teenage girls, twirling their hair and repetitively hoisting their shiny little purses over bony shoulders covered with no more than a slice of tank top. HELLO girls. The female to male ratio here is like...20 of you to 3 of them.
Even the dorky guys are getting game. And the GIGGLING. God the GIGGLING.
I have to pause a moment and ask myself...Self? Were you this fucking stupid?
And to myself I responded...Of course I wasn't. I was fucking cool.
OKAYOKAY. I wasn't even allowed to go to the movies by myself until I was of a dating age. I guess my parents didn't want me out there looking idiotic. Instead they wanted me to wait until I was old enough to sit at the very back of the theater and make out.
Either way.
We watched Four Brothers and I must say...Mark Wahlberg is fucking H.O.T. He was just a crazy ass-kicking motherfucker and damn if I don't love me some of that thug life. I'll give the movie 4 stars just for allowing me the privilege of having an excuse to gape at Mark Wahlberg for an hour and a half.
By the time we pulled into the driveway I was knocked the fuck out, dreaming of Marky Mark kicking my ass, probably. And if you don't know me...I AM A CRANKY ASS BITCH when prodded into waking. Roy knows this, of course, so he gently guided me into the house and to the room where I fell face first on the bed. I was too lazy to even get under the covers or remove my shoes, for that matter. I figured if I lay cross-wise like that long enough Roy would HAVE to move me just so he could get into bed. Because I am a spoiled brat, I only had to wait about 5 minutes until he came back into the room and wrangled me out of my jeans and hoodie and tucked me under the covers. YAY ME.
When you're just that freaking lazy...you're lucky if you marry a guy who will do that.
Movie night. Accomplished.

8 comments:

Freebird said...

Funny, I said the same thing about Marky Mark on my blog when I saw this movie - H-O-T!! pj

Freebird said...

Please excuse that pj typo at end of my comment. See what Marky Mark does to me?!

Big Heavy said...

if you're that cranky to be woken, you sleep in the car.

Anonymous said...

yea woman, stay in the car! lol

grace said...

how funny.

note to self: don't wake cece up... ever.

BTExpress said...

I think he should have left you in the car so as not to have disturbed your sleep. Sleeping in the car isn't so bad.

Strizz said...

Markie is hot, does he still have his third nipple? HEHEHE!!! My mom wouldnt let me go to his concert when I was like 13 because he was white trash. I dont think the 40 something posters of him in my room with barely boxers on helped my case much. She is such a hater.

Maja said...

Yeah, gotta love that!