Si. Quiero dos en vaso con todo y uno mas, solo manteca. Gracias.
I don't know who is responsible for the multi-dimensional time warp that sucked up all the Valley's corn men...but when I find that person...they are going to be SO sorry.
Unless you lived around here...which most of you actually don't...you wouldn't know who the Corn Men are. So let me enlighten you.
The Corn Man is the old guy that sets up a trailer equipped with a roaster and sells roasted corn on the cob OR in a cup. He bastes the corn with butter and mayo and chili and squeezes lime all over it and then liberally coats it with a white powdery cheese. Sounds gross? ITS FUCKING DELICIOUS. The Corn Man is usually found stationed at the entrance of all local grocery stores and often at any fairs or other outdoor events and you can buy his corn for a buck and some change. LESS THAN TWO DOLLARS FOR A CUP OF GOLDEN KERNEL GOODNESS.
However...it has come to my attention that in the past few months...the Corn Men have become more elusive. I have checked both HEB stores in my town and in the neighboring towns...making that a total of about 5 HEB stores where THE CORN MAN'S TRAILER HAS DISAPPEARED.
Gone.
Without a trace.
And wouldn't you know I've had an intolerable hankering for roasted corn in a cup with the works. Either some diabolical force is at work here or the Corn Men have all simultaneously decided to shut down their roasters and leave me cornless. CORNLESS.
I long for the day when I can once again walk out of HEB with a cart full of Flaming Hot Cheetos and Flavor-Ful Ice Pops and pause to receive my little white styrofoam cup steaming with fresh roasted corn and a plastic spoon with which to dig out every last little buttery kernel.
CORN MAN COME BACK. I BEG YOU.
6 comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Corn Man persecution by a fellow MEXICAN!
WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO WHEN THE CORN MAN CAN'T ROAM FREE?!
i have never even heard of this corn.
i think i need some.
you know, this is why just thinking the name cece makes my mouth water.
i love corn. buttery goodness, sprinkled cheese, roasted flavor...
plus i can time my digestion. i like to see how long it takes to pass through the bigheavy tummy factory.
Corn? Hell, here in Iowa there is nothing but corn! I dont think a mexican corn man could make any money here, i can just walk down the street and get my own damn corn from the field.
I love corn and that all sounds fucking delicious! I want corn men in the Kimberley!
I also want the aircon to work in this office. It's 38 degrees celcius outside. I'm ROASTING!!!
i'll never understand nor try the corn with mayo.....if you're wondering why the elotes man got fined.....imagine a guy stumming his cart around all day long and having to go to the bathroom. I've never seen hand sanitizer on those things. Just as your mom in law. She put it to perspective for me.
Post a Comment