Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Chillin' On A Wednesday Night

Aaaah. I just made dinner and Roy is bathing Miko. Life is good.
I came home, took a 30 minute nap and started supper. As I was getting things ready I was singing Add It Up by Violent Femmes.

Why can't I get just one fuck?
Why can't I get just one fuck?
I guess it's got somethin' to do with luck,
Cuz I've waited my whole life for just one...

So there I am chanting the lyrics and Roy has no idea what I'm singing. Or attempting to sing...whichever. So I'm all like...YOU NEVER LISTENED TO VIOLENT FEMMES?! And he's all like...no. So I went into the bedroom, popped in the cassette and ROCKED IT THE FUCK OUT. Miko and I were even dancing. Not that one should dance to Blister In The Sun with one's own small child...but what the heck?! He was loving it.
So anyway, as I was making dinner, I decided that I love being Mexican because that means I don't have to cook fancy 5 course meals like white people do. Hell no. Just slap some rice and beans on the plate with tortillas on the side and we're good to go, right? Who needs the carne?!
CAN I GET A HELLS YEAH UP IN HERE?!
I made fideo with tortillas. Yum. I even pointed out this new epiphany of mine to Roy. Usually I have to contend with Mexicans doing some shit that pushes us back another 20 years...like putting their last name on the back windshield of their truck...but there is NO SHAME in eating concha soup for dinner. Besides, I think I would get tired of potatoes and green beans. When we eat at my mom's house, she has to put out the salad and the vegetables and the main dish and the dinner rolls and the iced tea and my GOD thats alot of work. Me? I can cut up some sausage, throw it in the pan with onions and green peppers, stuff it in some tortillas and I'm a freaking gourmet chef!
Anyway...my newest addiction is about to come on. Its that show called 30 Days. Some high falutin' Christian guy is going to live with a gay man for 30 days. Should be interesting.
I'm posting my Half Naked Thursday pic tonight because I won't have time tomorrow.
See ya!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

The flat I used to live in cooked meals all together. In my new place we fend for ourselves, and it shows in my diet - I've largely been living off cans of tuna... it can't last.

Roberto Campana said...

Hehe.....isnt being mexican grand? Or atleast a wexican.

Cece Martinez said...

Jesse- TUNA?! HORRORS!

LAH- I'm surprised that tape still played its only....19 years old. God. That makes me...old.
NINETEEN FUCKING YEARS OLD! A TAPE! ARRRRRRRRGH!

Robert- ITs the fucking tits, dude.

grace said...

HAHAHA... shit...

i'll give you a hells yeah for the rice, beans and tortillas.

yum.