Friday, October 08, 2004

Fundraising Sucks

Part of the tuition at Cristians school is that you have to agree to sell $400 worth of raffle tickets for the Fall Festival. We received these tickets in September. The raffle is October 16. Today is October 8. Today I still have $400 worth of raffle tickets. Come on people. Raffle tickets SUCK. No one ever wins these things. Or only people you don't know win these things. I always buy stuff when the kids are selling via their moms here at the office. But those other kids sell COOL stuff. Like boxes of chocolate and candles and Christmas decorations and wrapping paper. And what do I got? stinky raffle tickets. $5 down the drain for nuthin'. Who wants that? I'll tell you who. NOBODY. Except my dad. who usually gets stuck buying no less than half of these things. And the man NEVER wins. Not fair, I say! This year there are some decent prizes, though. 11 prizes in all but how the Game Cube got billing under the Emeril Lagasse Cooking Set is beyond me. And the 450 watt Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer doesn't seem too thrilling but there IS a 42" Plasma TV and a Laptop and a Digital Camera. So does anybody want to buy a raffle ticket and cut my dad a break? That was my sales pitch. Hey if you win, I swear I'll mail your prize!

*Now accepting money orders.

I'm KIDDING!

No comments: