Okay people...WHO LET MY SON LISTEN TO SIMON AND GARFUNKEL?! I want to know and I want to know NOW. It was kind of funny when he picked up his own copy of Thriller on CD and I didn't really mind when he stole my Billy Idol's Greatest Hits....but then....then he was requesting tracks on my Fleetwood Mac CD and suddenly....SIMON AND GARFUKEL! I don't even OWN Simon and Garfunkel! I don't even know if I am spelling Garfunkel correctly! But although I could tolerate him singing along to Monday Morning (Fleetwood Mac)...I do not think I could stand Bridge Over Troubled Water. No. I think I must draw the line there. Yesterday, as we prepared for a soccer game, I spiked Cristian's hair with green hair gel to match his team colors. He turned to admire himself in the mirror and stated...."Mom. I kind of look like Billy Idol. I think we should get the gold gel next time so I can be Billy Idol for Halloween next year." and he continued to preen over himself. As if! Like...what would the rest of his costume consist of? I can fairly imagine my bare chested boy in tight leather pants and a charming snarl. The same boy who thought that his ribs showing indicated that he had a "six-pack". Yeah. That boy. So what am I going to do if Halloween 2006 he requests an Art Garfunkel costume? Whats next? The Lawrence Welk Show on DVD? Come ON KID! You're EIGHT YEARS OLD! Let's get you a Hoobastank CD and call it a day, shall we? Criminy.
No comments:
Post a Comment