I'm not at work. It's around 9am here.The rain is slowing but we're under a tornado warning. I was in the laundry room when the siren went off. Scared the crap outta me, it did. It was eerily similar to the bellows of the alien tripods in War Of The Worlds. I stood for a moment in between the back door and the laundry room door. Soaking up the bits of rain and looking off into the distance in a trance. I think I may have been looking for tripods on the horizon. Roy opened the back door and told me to get inside. I snapped out of it. Everyone has eaten breakfast and showered. I went outside to take some pictures but I didn't want to get too wet so I don't think they're that good.
Roy is watching Napolean Dynamite since the power is still on but just in case, the portable DVD player is charged and there are fresh batteries in the handheld TV.
We're kind of stuck for the moment. With the tornadoes and the flash flooding. I was up at 6am checking the news and this stupid bitch didn't even make landfall until 4:30am. It came in about 80 miles south of Brownsville, Texas and the storm bands have been moving over us since then. The Rio Grande Valley is a string of small towns running along the Mexican border from right to left. Weslaco is somewhat in the middle. To my right is (in order), Mercedes, La Feria, Harlingen (where my parents live), San Benito, Olmito, Rancho Viejo, and Brownsville (where my dad and my sister work). To my left is Donna, Alamo (where my mother in law lives), San Juan, Pharr (where the daycare is), and Edinburg (where I work). There are twice as many towns as that but those aren't typically in my direct daily route.
The winds are up to 80mph in some spots, in others 50mph. The rain is whipping and the wind is howling and things are rattling and snapping. I feel like smoking a cigarette with all this malevolent nature bustling around me.Roy may have to go into work, maybe not. He was due in at 8 but they told him to wait a while and call back. On the other hand, I couldn't get a hold of anyone at my office but I think that area is getting hit by a massive, gnarly storm cell right now. At least thats how it looked on Tim Smith's Doppler Radar. I was fully prepared to ride into work on a massive wave this morning but then I remembered that I have kids. Speaking of which...Miko is taking a nap and Cristian is asking ridiculous questions like...When is the rain going to stop? I'm wishing he'd turn that Gameboy back on.
I'm debating making a fresh pot of coffee.
I'm bored.
Right now...it feels like the world is alive and all the people are dead. Except us.
10 comments:
i hope you keep your power, because i know what its like to be out of power for weeks!
Hang in there! Just remember, it's a free day off work and you didn't even have to lie about it.
p.s. Found you through Veronica.
I hope that you and your family are safe.:)
yikes. keep safe...
hope the power stays on. being powerless sucks. heh.
xoxoxox. g
hang in there u guys. find something to do to pass the time. like the nasty. then if its a girl, name her emily.
This looks so scary. If you need a break you can come to California for a few days and die of 111 heat!! :)
ooeee coco!!
Welcome to my world Cece. Ya big panty waist.
Manan- I always love your words of encouragement. :oP
Freebird- Thanks for stopping by!
Nina- We were snug as the proverbial bugs.
Grace- I got some stuff to look forward to next year so I'll be sure to stay safe!
Robert- Roy already cut me off. Quit rubbing it in.
Edward- But I love getting wet. Heh.
Kristine- No thanks!
BigHev- Oooeee Cuckooee?
Monster- This is just the tip of the iceburg that is your world, I think.
him too!!
Post a Comment