Thursday, October 21, 2004

Another Evening In My Life

This is what my house sounds like in the evening...

(sounds of video game...shooting or explosions or music or car motors)

Cristian: GUARD ME DAD GUARD ME!
Roy: Guard yourself!
Cristian: Dad, let me get these missiles. I need them more than you do.
Roy: Well get 'em.
Cristian: Dad where are you?
Roy: I'm over here.
Cristian: Where?
Roy: Where are you?
Cristian: Right here.
Roy: Shoot your gun up in the air.
(blasting noises ensue)
Roy: I see you. I'm to your right.
(left side of screen veers to left)
Roy: Your other right. AAARGH! I EXPLODED!
Peepers: gggggoooooooooo aaaah bbboooooooo
Me: Can we re-arrange the new furniture? Like....right now? I just want to see how it would look if we moved that here and put this one there and kind of centered that one over here.
(grunt...sounds of furniture moving)
Roy: I like my chair here.
Me: You DO, don't you! I knew you would like it better there! I kind of got this feeling that you weren't comfortable with it over there. Like...I could sense it.
Roy: Actually, it didn't really bother me.
Me: You're not supposed to say that. You're supposed to say..."Wow. We really have a connection, you and I."
Roy: Oh right.
Me: Okay. Actually. I didn't really like the chair over there. I was just...you know...saying that in hopes that you felt the same way.
Cristian: (headphones on at kitchen table doing homework) LOOOKIN' OUT FOR LOOOOOVE. BIG BIG LOOOOOOOVE. LOOKIN' OUT FOR LOOOOOOOOOVE.....
Me: He's got my Fleetwood Mac CD again.
Roy: (groan)
Peepers: goooooooooooooooooo ooooo oooo

5 comments:

Cody said...

I've never understood the whole moving funiture thing. Do women have some sort of internal clock that clicks every few months to move stuff around?

Cece Martinez said...

No. But if you had been paying attention you would remember that this is NEW furniture and until last night, we hadnt quite decided how best to arrange it since we are no longer owners of a sectional but rather four seperate pieces of furniture. SO THERE.

Anonymous said...

i like peepers comments the best...

Cece Martinez said...

I like Peepers comments best too.
They were playing HALO and Roy's suit blew up so he was just running around hoping Cris wouldn't step on him. Cris likes to do that. hehehe.

The Saturnyne said...

Brilliant!

And hi again, Supergood!