These are a few of my favorite things. LIKE HELL! Why is it that the one item my Lab needs more than life itself...the ONE FREAKING ITEM that I asked to be overnighted...THAT ONE ITEM upon which our entire business hinges...NEVER SHOWS UP THE NEXT MORNING?! Why oh why oh why. I tell customer service..."I need this item overnighted for the morning." and they say..."We have that set up for A.M. delivery." and I say...."Thank you." and then the next morning...well before 9a.m. I get at LEAST 5 calls asking if the freaking thing is here yet and by 10:30a.m. I am starting to panic a little so I call back armed with my confirmation number and the name of the person I spoke with and GUESS WHAT?! I hear the following sentence EVERY TIME. "Oh. Well, I'm showing this item didn't ship because it is on backorder. It should be in this week and we can ship it overnight as soon as it arrives." HEY LADY. THIS IS INFORMATION I REALLY COULD HAVE USED YESTERDAY! Jeez Louise.
It's bad enough that I have to spend most of my day on HOLD, but then my shit doesnt come in and I gotta call back and sit on HOLD some more. I really despise hold music. Especially with the companies that I call because they dont even play recognizable songs. I dont really care if I'm listening to an instrumental version of The Girl Is Mine, I mean I recognize THAT.
And then people have a hard time discerning the sounds...SEE SEE when they ask for my name so I always spell it out. "This is Cece, C-E-C-E." Except one time at my old job this BITCH made fun of me when she called one of my co-workers and she said that she talked to CECE, C-E-C-E and my co-workers made fun of me for spelling it out. I stopped spelling it for HER. If I DONT spell it out, they think my name is Stacy or Sally or I don't know what. One time someone repeated my name back to me and she said E-Z. and I thought...."How would you know THAT?!" grrr. And then there are the people who make me spell out my LAST name. Come ON PEOPLE. Martinez. Nearly half of the Mexicans in the world are named Martinez. Its REALLY not that difficult. Sometimes it's spelled with an 'S' instead of a 'Z' but really. Does it matter? You can SPELL my name however you want to. Ceci, CeeCee, CiCi. It all sounds the same. And that is really all that matters isnt it? After all, my Mom is the one that nicknamed me, Cece, but truth be told my name IS actually Cecilia. But don't call me that or I'll hunt you down and kill you.
4 comments:
i feel the same way about people who call me gracie. there are about 5 people in the world who can call me that without me kicking their ass... heh.
Cece...Put the phone down. =)
cecilia, good luck finding me :)
i think sally is the funniest tho, how do people get sally out of cece?? lly sounds NOTHING like ce, i can understand sa sounding like ce. yea, people crack me up, but i dont really get as mad, because my name is spelled wrong phonetically, so how can i expect people to say it correctly?
Bah, you're right. We all do it. Except me. I don't do that. I would have known telepathically that you're name is pronounced something like...Munnin. See?
Post a Comment