Monday, October 18, 2004

Having Conversations With 8 Year Olds

Cris: I wish I was made out of Reinforced Alien Alloids.
Me: Reinforced Alien Altoids?
Cris: ALLOIDS.
Roy: Whats an Alloid?
Cris: Its like...its a metal. Like Silver Surfer.
Me: Oh. Right. That alloid.

5 comments:

Cody said...

This is where good parenting come into play. The Silver Surfer sucks. There's no way around it. How can you surf the fucking comsos on a fucking surf board. I'm a little lax when it come to the others but something about him make me laugh. Steer him the right way. Tell him it's ridiculous to travel space on a surf board (with reinfored alien alloids no less, but socially acceptable to want to climb skyscrapers wearing blue and red spandex. How were the movies?

Cece Martinez said...

I happen to like Silver Surfer. He's a tragic character as Norrin Radd who lost his entire planet to the salacious appetite of Galactus only to be transformed through reinforced alien alloids into Galactus' Herald by which he was forced to seek out other equally delicious planets for Galactus' consumption thereby perpetuating his own loss over and over again. Then to find redemption through his part during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga as a veritable force against Thanos. aaaah. Silver Surfer is one sexy alloided man. hmph.

Cece Martinez said...

Can a tragedy really be lessened?
(sigh)
So many have died. So many lives lost....

Anonymous said...

did the altoids taste good?

Cece Martinez said...

lol
not really cuz they were ALIEN altoids. you know. alien altoids arent as good. and I'm not being racist or anything.