Thursday, October 14, 2004

Releasing Your Inner Dragon

Shortly before Mommy went into Contorting Back Death, Peepers became the proud owner of a new pair of Baby Dragon Claw Slippers from Old Navy. He also had the opportunity to sport these at the mall shortly before I became paralyzed by a Muscular Act Of Terrorism. It was good fun. I'm surprised that he didnt get The Eyeball while kicking up his little dragon feet cuz let me tell you...he looked good enough to devour whole. With a smidge of butter. So there we were running a few errands at the mall and several ladies were compelled to stop and coo over my little-baby-dragon-footed-teddy-bear-assassin. And of course it helps that Peepers is inclined to smile at anyone who coos over him. He is a good-natured fellow. Unless of course, he's hungry. In which case he is a very pissed off fellow. And in honor of his new footwear, I like to call this...Releasing His Inner Dragon. By the time Peepers was strapped into his new carseat, he was starting to buck. Followed by squawks. Followed by indignant bellowing. In the meantime my back was going from..."I hate you, bitch!"....to...."Die Bitch, Die!"....Somehow I managed the drive to my parent's house where Peepers really started to howl. It was bottle-time and we were running a few minutes behind so his displeasure was great and if you so much as let him spy the bottle before it is ready he will become even angrier because there is the bottle and what the heck is it doing NOT in his mouth?! WHO DROPPED THE BALL HERE PEOPLE?! and he is surely a tyrant in this regard. And as he screeched and flailed, he managed to send both dragon slippers flying in opposite directions. That'll teach us to put goofy slippers on him and parade him around the mall for women to giggle over. HA!

5 comments:

Cody said...

Thank god the boy is rejecting the horrible outfits you bestow on him. He is already developing his style. Could be he will only wear baby FUBU. You never know.

Cece Martinez said...

Pah! I suffered the disapproving glances when he stepped out in his little Social Distortion onesie, didn't I? I thought the dragon slippers fit quite nicely with that theme. Mommy's Little Monster and all that.

Anonymous said...

those slippers are awesome!!! i must get myself a pair!!! ;)

Cece Martinez said...

Splendid! But be sure to wear them around town too!

Anonymous said...

the ladies will love it ;)