Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Me And Stuff You Didn't Too

I'm not going to do a Top 100 list because thats way too much pressure. Lets just see how far we get, shall we?

1. I went to Kindergarten in 3 different states, North Dakota, Texas, Nevada.
2. My mom is white and my dad is hispanic.
3. I have one sister.
4. I went to college for approximately 5 years and only have enough credits for 2 years worth.
5. I've been married once before.
6. I have lived in Las Vegas, Fargo, and Houston.
7. I love cats, but have two dogs.
8. I can't and/or don't dance because I am scared of looking stupid, which I probably would.
9. I like to bake cakes and cupcakes because I have a glass cake holder on my kitchen table that looks really pretty when there is a cake sitting on it but thats pretty much the only reason that I like to bake.
10. I usually leave the uneaten portion of the cake there for ages even when its starting to mold because I don't want to have to bake another cake.
11. I need to buy fake desserts next time I go to Mexico.
12. I have been out of the country just a few times. To Mexico, Canada, Germany/Holland/Belgium, and the Bahamas.
13. My sister is an athlete.
14. She's going to get her degree before me and she's 9 years younger.
15. She went to college for the first two years on a Volleyball Scholarship.
16. My dad didn't let me talk to boys on the phone until I was well into high school.
17. My first cat was named Tara but we called her, Tara the Terror, Ten Titty Tara, and Booby-Butt.
18. At one point when I was in high school, we had the following pets at our house, 4 dogs, 2 cats, 1 hamster, 1 pot-bellied pig, and 1 rat snake. Their names were Taliver, Trixie, Tyson, Toby, Tiffy, Triskal, Trebel, Tulip, and Tetra. In that order. YOU try thinking up that many T names. HA!
19. I'm not particular but given a choice, I would rather drink Pepsi or RC over Coke.
20. I'm half Mexican and I HATE Big Red. Must be my white genes.
21. I had a nooner today. I mean...some chick that I know, named Cecil had one.
22. My favorite candies are Kit Kat, Rolo, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and Twix.
23. I really don't like fruity-flavored candy. But if I'm desperate, I'll eat it.
24. I remember when cinnamon flavored tooth picks were popular.
25. I wish I still had all of my stickerbooks. Especially the scratch and sniff ones.
26. I refuse to fart in front of my husband, but have accidentally done it a couple of times. GOD THE EMBARRASSMENT.
27. I am a perfectionist. It is very time-consuming and mind-numbing to be this way, which is probably why I take Paxcil now. Well that and the fact that I turn to stone around other people.
28. I get my feelings hurt easily but I'm working on that.
29. I like my big brown eyes.
30. I hate my Mexican nose.
31. I grew up in "charismatic" type churches, converted to Baptist when I was in my teens and ended up Catholic as an adult.
32. My sister and my mom can play guitar and write music. I played drums. But lets face it. I'm not that good.
33. I sang with a band for a VERY BRIEF PERIOD and the only song we ever officially did together...like in front of an audience, was Juliana Hatfield's I Hate My Sister.
34. I dedicated that song to my sister because like, for reals...she is a bitch.
35. I speak with a southern accent or a northern accent depending on my mood or subject matter.
36. When I was a younger I hated my dad because he was so strict and mean but now that I am older, I understand and I love him like crazy.
37. I am too much like my mom who is too much like my Grams and this actually bugs me alot.
38. I always wanted a brother. ALWAYS. Older, younger, I didn't care. When my sister was born I was like...WHAT THE FUCK?!
39. I thank God I have my sister. She's great. When medicated. HAHAHA!
40. I still like to go Number 2 at my parents house instead of when Roy is around and this drives my sister nuts. She's always like..."DAMMIT CECILIA! EVERYTIME SHE COMES OVER SHE'S ON THE POT!"
41. My sister and I still don't cuss in front of my parents. Maybe we say "shit" if we hurt ourselves REALLY bad. But otherwise, no. Mostly we say "shoot", "crap", "freak", "dang", and occasionally "fric" but my mom thinks that last one is really rude. I forgot to mention that my dad thinks cussing is OK as long as its in Spanish.
42. I have never been athletic. Never. I lack coordination and endurance. I can't even lift those water cooler jugs.
43. I sleep with a nightlight on.
44. I love comic books.
45. I can't watch scary movies.
46. I love dragons. BIG TIME. But I prefer medieval looking dragons. Not the lizardy dragons.
47. I have a small tattoo of Flameboy on my left hip.
48. I am attracted to guys with dark hair and dark eyes. That have facial hair and are taller than me. And have nice arms. And look like Roy.
49. When I was a kid, I had a one-eyed hamster named Pepe.
50. My Auntie Cheryl is my favorite Auntie.

Whew. Okay. That was 50 Fun Facts About Me. Maybe I'll think of 50 more at a later time.
But probably not. You know too much already.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm, peanut butter cups...
mmm, twix...

i think its time for a cat, cat lovers should have cats. its as simple as that!

actually, i was a dog person until i got with my ex, and she had a cat, who had no eyes, because her eyes were taken out, because she had glaucoma, and her eye lids were sewn shut with implants behind them. so it looked like she was permanently closing her eyes. and she was named keller, get it? hehe

anyway, im sad now, because keller was the coolest cat in the world, the best personality out of any animal that i met. and she loved sleeping between my legs, and she loved sitting on top of the couch behind me and playing with/licking my hair.

well, the ex stayed at the animal hospital she worked at during one of the hurricanes this year, and another coworkers grey hound got out and killed keller :( she didnt even see it coming :(

ok, im sad now... sorry for making a long ass comment in your post that has nothing to do with what i commented about... lol

Cece Martinez said...

Manan...that is heartbreaking. Poor Keller. What a beautiful creature she must have been.

Anonymous said...

this picture was taken after the first hurricane this year, the ex and keller were at my place because i had power. and orlando had been hit a lot harder than melbourne. so this was a few weeks before that stupid dog killed her... i photoshopped it a little, to make all the clothes and the bed she was on look white, to make her look like the angel she was. and this is the pic that sits on her urn.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/madmanan/keller2.jpg

grace said...

great list! that cake thing grossed me out, though. just throw it out, woman! ugh! hehe...

Jessie said...

Aww! Cute cat. When I was little we had a tabby called Aslan that somehow lost the ability to use his tail (slammed in a door maybe?), so it had to get amputated. He was never the same - became really timid and scared of everything.

Anyway nice 50 facts, Cece! I've been working on my own, which I am considering posting soon. I've only got 36 so far though.

Cece Martinez said...

Jessie- My friend Jenine has a cat named Aslan!

Cece Martinez said...

OH KELLER! She's with Tara now...

Cece Martinez said...

Look Grace...you live your life, I'll live mine.
:oP

Cody said...

You hate Big Red?

Cece Martinez said...

SC: YOU ARE A GENIUS! I LOVE THAT SITE!
I'm going to get the Gumdrop Cake. It will look perfect! It reminds me of my step-daughters birthday when I made ice cream cone cupcakes and I topped them with colored sprinkles and a maraschino cherry. yum. THey looked too pretty to eat. then again they tasted damn good...

Cece Martinez said...

Oh yeah! THose cakes look WAY better than the stuff they sell in Mex.

Vero: You know I'm a serial blogger. You can't abandon me for long periods of time!