There's been a kidnapping in our family. No, not really. It was actually a smurfnapping. The highly esteemed Papa Smurf has been abducted. Some of you may know Papa Smurf, some of you may not. Papa Smurf stands about 2 inches high and it has been my custom to hide him in various places throughout the house and insert cryptic notes in Cristians lunchbox that read...
"I saw you but you didn't see me. Signed. Papa Smurf."
It's Cristian's daily task to try and FIND Papa Smurf. Sometimes its no trouble and SOMETIMES Papa Smurf is M.I.A. for over a week or so. Papa Smurf had originally been purchased for my sister who has a Smurf Fetish but after much time had passed and Papa Smurf had not been delivered, the Game evolved.
But, I made the mistake of mentioning Papa Smurf to my sister. Normally my sister doesnt visit me at my house unless she is crashing there after a night of carousing. Which is what she happened to be doing a couple of weeks ago. In the morning, before she left...she waltzed into my bedroom, snatched Papa Smurf off of my dresser and ran out of my house shouting...
"I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM! I FOUND PAPA SMURF AND HE'S MINE MINE ALL MINE!"
Imagine our collective horror as the front door slammed and the tires of her Jeep screeched out of the driveway.
A silence fell.
Then panic erupted.
I called her cell phone.
"Look. I know I bought him for you but...you gotta bring him back."
"He's mine. You bought him for me."
"I know I did! I'll buy you something else! We NEED him!"
"No. He's mine."
"HE'S NOT YOURS! I NEVER OFFICIALLY GAVE HIM TO YOU! HE'S OUR SMURF AND WE LOVE HIM DAMNIT!"
"Too bad."
Then I tried reasoning with her.
"It's a game we play. It's a family thing. Cristian will be devastated. It's special."
"I don't give a shit."
"YOU BITCH YOU BETTER BRING MY SMURF BACK RIGHT NOW OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND..."
*click
So now we are smurfless. But Cristian and I are not giving up. We are clever. We are determined. We will get him back. Somehow.
We'll bring that smurf home.
16 comments:
hes not over here in india :) but ill keep looking!!!
hope everything is going well on the other side of the world!
MANAN! I'M SO STOKED TO HEAR FROM YOU!
I hope you are having a WONDERFUL time and if you see that little sucker, bring his ass back!
He hasn't made it into Mississippi yet either, but I'll be watching for him and checking back often to see if he's come home! ;)
lol
Thanks!
is she going to start taking pictures of papa in random places all over the world and sending it to you?
"having a great time in tahiti, wish you were here... papa"
Grace...He wishes.
Edward....As long as he isnt naked.
WTF...Let me know. I suspect he's in the glovebox of my sister's Jeep though. All alone with no light and no air. Poor guy.
im glad you were STOKED!! hehe, i would be on here more, but the dial up here at my cousins place is SOOOOOO unbelievably slow, i rarely get on.
ill be back in the good ole us of a a week from today! so i should be back to normal and visiting regularly a week from tomorrow :)
i believe the SAPD picked him up for robbing a liquor store on the west side of town. but upon further review of the store's surveillance, it turned out to be the travelocity gnome.
Manan: FINALLY!
RC: That was FREAKING HILARIOUS! Did he have his little red cone hat pulled down over his eyes like a bandito?
Like a bandito? No. Like a communist figurehead? Yes.
i believe he was wearing his red hat, wrapped in a red "rag", but it was turned backwards to so he could "represent." Also he was screaming he didn't belong to the travelocity familia of bitches and pendejo's, speaking about the time when he would once and for all go back to the barrio in Reynosa and free all his brothers. Down with travelocity, lil' gnome loco por vida.
I believe that a certain request may have possibly have been fulfilled today for Someone on Someone Else's blog... if ya know what i mean...
;-}
Only another god-knows-how-many-more to go!
Touche. I am humbled. Touche.
RC- Damn youre good. LMFAO!
Dear Saturnyne- I'm on my way!
hehe.
Hilarious! Papa Smurf rocks!
Post a Comment