Don't laugh. I'm a Durani. From way back. My fifth grade bedroom was COVERED in carefully dismembered pages of Big Bopper featuring the glorious visage of Simon Le Bon. I kissed Nick Rhodes every night before bed. And John Taylor? I won't say what I did with HIS picture.
I can't help loving Duran Duran. New Moon On Monday still makes me horny. Why? I have no idea why certain ridiculous things make me horny but New Moon On Monday is one of them. Something about that line...I lit my torch and waved it for the New Moon On Monday. Oh excuse me for a moment. (tilts head back and takes a deep breath) Ah. Okay.
Anyway. Duran Duran is coming here in February and I am SO FREAKING EXCITED I COULD CRY. The only other person that could get me inside a concert arena would be Morrissey himself. Of course, Roy isn't going because he can't handle all that social distortion but I'm taking Cris so I have a date anyway. Cris has been preparing himself by replaying Pop Trash Movie OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Not a problem for me. At least it isn't Simon and Garfucked. My sister has been trying to win tickets on the radio but has so far been unsuccessful. She's still stinging from a few years ago when I went to Dallas to see them in concert and she couldn't go because it was the first day of school but then we got a hurricane and school was canceled anyway and SHE WAS SO PISSED OFF AT MY DAD for refusing to let her go and she kept yelling "ALL WE DO ON THE FIRST DAY IS GET THE SYLLABUS ANYWAY MY GOD!" But all they really did on that day was stay at home while torrential rains blasted the windows meanwhilst I was having a fine time in Dallas grooving to Electric Barbarella. I danced my ass off. And let me note here that I DON'T DANCE. So who knows what the hell I looked like. I didn't care. Simon was rocking the house and I wanted to run up to the stage and throw myself at his feet and confess to all the times I pressed his paper lips to my own back in elementary school.
Tickets go on sale Saturday at 10am. I AM SO THERE.
11 comments:
"Her name is Cece and she dances on the sand...."
duran duran is so fucking awesome in concert... we saw them... oh, cripes. i'm bad with dates. anyway, it was some summer... i'll have to ask steve. at any rate, they were so fabulous!
and morrissey. i *heart* morrissey... we must've seen him ... okay. i have no idea how many times i've seen him in concert either, but i love him. johnny marr's great in concert, too... did you hear his solo album? it was pretty good... i'm sad i wasn't old enough to see the smiths... :(
you're going to have so much fun!!! good luck with those tixx! :)
I have to find out the dates for the concert, but nothing compares to Morrissey. What a charming man.
Aaah, that takes me back to watching The Smiths in Manchester (near my home) many many years ago...
All together now!-
"...So i broke into the palace/ with a sponge and a rusty spanner/ And The Queen said, i know you, you cannot sing/ I said that's nothing, you should hear me play pianner."
Or something like that...
Oh the skill of rhyming piano with spanner! Oh the daffodils slung nonchalantly in the back pocket! The winsome ironic dancing!
But mostly, it was the tunes.
S.
PS: Duran Duran were fun, too. But in a different, more bollocky way.
sure, sat, rub it in that some of us never GOT to see the smiths.
sheesh.
Oooh.. Duran Duran tickets go on sale tomorrow for my city.
As far as 80s synth pop bands go -- I got to see the Cure recently and Berlin -- but they both kind of suck now. I want Duran Duran!
Hee! Sorry Grace. I'd better not mention my seeing the Cure in the 80's, either, then...
(oops!)
=]
I love DD too! Hey I just remembered - my second band used to do a version of Rio! Haha! I haven't thought about that for years! Thanks for the memory!
it's okay. i saw the cure at coachella this past year. i won't hate you, sat. :P even though you are trying to rub it in!!!!
NUH UHHH!!!!!!! john taylor is MY boyfriend!!!!! i don't care WHAT duran duran tune it is.....well.....maybe....."the union of the snake is on the riiiiiiiiise.....gonna break gonna take gonna make it to the border liiiiiiiiine....." or "you saw me standing on the corner of a main street...and the lights are flashing on your window sill...." OMG OMG OMG!!! didn't know they were touring in america. and i'm loving electric barbarella - so much like the classic. i'm glad they are all back together again. even the ugly taylors, andy and roger. about 10 years ago or so when they album came out and it was just nick and simon and some d2 wanna be my brother-in-law says to me "i didn't realize they were so good. and you know that this is the original 3"....he STILL hasn't awakened from that coma i put him in!!!
Post a Comment