Monday, December 20, 2004

My Mind Is Fried

I am being offered a job that will pay me $3-$4 more an hour but it is located about 25 mins away. Is that a big deal? I won't be able to have lunch with Roy twice a week anymore and I won't be able to carpool with him on Wednesdays. Thats the biggest downside. And for me...thats a REALLY big downside. The drive doesnt concern me too much because well...I used to live in Houston so 25mins. on the road is nothing. There's really no future at the company where I'm at. And although I like lone wolfing it...I miss being part of a team. At this company, its just me. And thats it. No one works with me. If I'm not here, everyone freaks out. I don't really think that this company would care if I left. They have someone who could step in from another area and wing it. I'm not even sure why I have stayed this long because this place does suck for the most part. I don't know what to do.

10 comments:

grace said...

but, what if you end up hating the new people you have to work with??? i'd rather be lonely :P but that's just me.

also, i like carpooling with the hubby :)

Cece Martinez said...

Good point but I don't really care for the peeps I work with now. heh. The great thing is that I have worked before for the guy that is offering me the job which is why he contacted me. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

Kim said...

Would definitely have to weigh in the chocolate factor when thinking about the new job... would there be chocolate on the desk next year? More? Less? Hmmm...

Cody said...

Yeah, the whole luch thing would be a big downside, but think about all the stupid songs coming from someones mouth, the masses of retards treating you retarded, or the people who won't shutup about buying masks. They could have someone "wing it" but what that really means is someone who looks like they are doing a great job only to find out they are fucking it all up a couple weeks down the road. However, the chocolate could be a major deciding factor.

Kis Lee said...

more money is a good thing, and 25 min isn't too bad of a drive. does the new company have a better/stable future?

i think being part of a team is overrated. that's just me. :)

Cece Martinez said...

It is a hospital which is good. Right now I work for a small privately owned lab. No benefits, no retirement. No nothin. BUT, close by home and Roy and Cristian's school.

grace said...

no benefits??? eep.

Anonymous said...

i know this is kinda cliche, but whatever will make you happier (i mean, i know they say money doesnt bring happiness (im still trying to prove that wrong)), but will the 3 - 4 an hour make you happier than your lunches with roy/carpool with roy? will having benefits outweigh the time you get to spend with roy?

because when you think about it, its a job, and for the most part, the job takes you away from roy and the kids, so no matter what you are doing, its gonna suck kinda. so i say forget about the money (i cant believe i just said that), and go with what will make you happier.

also, benefits are nice...

Jessie said...

Do it!!

Cody said...

Have you seen this company? It's like a lovely tour of Auschwitz. She needs to get the hell outta Dodge.