Monday, November 22, 2004

M A R T I N E Z

Why do Mexicans put their last name on the back windshield of their car? WHY OH WHY? I still hold the title belt for finding the most hilarious back windshield sticker EVER in the history of the world. Don't try to take my title. It can't be done. It was a fresh spring day and I was driving home from work. I pull up to a 4-way Stop, behind a truck with the following inscription in ye olde english script plastered across the dirty back window...

D + (A Picture of a Lion's Head)

Top that. And for those of you who couldn't figure it out because perhaps you are not Mexican...the truck driver's last name was most assuredly...Deleon. Can you say...WHAT THE FUCK?! HAHAHAHAHA! I like to tease my dad and tell him that I will one day put my last name across MY back windshield. It was funny enough when I hung rosary beads from my rearview mirror. But not as funny as when my mom did it. I mean...come on. I'm half Mexican, I can pull it off. Well. Kind of. My mom, on the other hand, is white and blonde and drives a Suburban. Not to mention that she has a little bobble-headed pink pig glued to her dash...compliments of Roy. How can you be Mexican with a pink pig, head-bobbling all up on your dash? Gosh that has got to be SO white. Now maybe if it was one of those crown-shaped car fresheners...that would be a little bit better, but alas, it is an unscented, jiggly-headed, pink pig. Which I personally don't think is ghetto one bit. Especially not when the music blaring from the stereo speakers tends to be Simon And Garfunkel. Good grief.

9 comments:

Karlo said...

Oh man! You ain't dissin' Simon and Garfunkle now, are you?

Cece Martinez said...

Of course not! My name IS Cecilia, for craps sake!
Theyre the creators of my very own theme song. I have to give them props. Even if they are perverts.

Cody said...

I don't know about the last name tatooed on someones back. I would almost rather see that than another stupid tribal arm tat. But on the other hand, it would look pretty stupid with the name WRIGHT in old english across my back. What's the tatoo shops number again?

Cece Martinez said...

Really?! I thought that was a Mexican thing! The only white people down here in South Texas are Baptists. Ha! Thats funny! Thanks for setting me straight Vero. Now I can stop teasing my mom about being a poser.

Cece Martinez said...

Cody what the hell are you doing up at 4:22am anyway? My recommendation to you would be to use your mothers maiden name and tattoo THAT across the back of your neck. You see...us Wexicans gotta be in touch with our Mexican side. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

lmfao...just lmfao.

Cece Martinez said...

oh yeah. DID I FORGET TO MENTION THE ENTIRE BAPTISM WAS IN SPANISH?! I had no idea what was going on.

Cody said...

I can't put it on my right arm. Where else would I put a flaming virgin Mary. And Cece, I work late. Igot got out at 2:00 in the morning. I got home at 2:30. I can't sleep right away. Which means that when most of america is getting up for work, I am just about to go to sleep. It's the little things in life you have to appreciate.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.