Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Bad Dream

Two nights ago I dreamt that I was being chased by an evil ghoul. I recognized him as a famous evil ghoul from an 80's horror flick. My problem is that I could not recognize WHICH evil ghoul he was. I have no problems differentiating Freddy Krueger from the rest of the bunch...but when it comes between Michael Myers and Jason...what the fuck? Allow me to explain. I thought I had it covered the following morning as Roy and I lay awake in a post-sleep daze. I said to him..."I had a scary dream last night that I was being chased by....which guy wears a mask again?" and Roy croaked in his morning voice...."What kind of mask?" and I said..."You know. The mask. The white one." and he replied..."Which white one?" and I whimpered...."What do you mean which white one?" and he responded...."Jason wears a hockey mask and Michael Myers wears a distinctive white mask." and I sat there for a second trying to comprehend what he just said. "A distinctive white mask?"...I inquired. "Yes. Its distinctive." ........"Not a distinctive white hockey mask?" I implored. "No."...he answered. "Then what kind of mask is it??"...I squawked. "Its a distinctive white mask."...he replied. "Then I guess I don't really know who was chasing me last night."...I muttered in defeat.

No comments: