What the heck is with all this rain lately? is Florida getting a hurricane or something?! oh. they are? oh! well that makes sense then, I guess. dang it has been wet and dark and drippy lately. this is such perfect napping weather and I am so exhausted lately that I often find my eyes involuntarily closing. is there ANYTHING better than laying down on a fresh bed with a cozy blanket and taking a nap on a rainy day? I think NOT. it puts me in a near coma. I remember days like this as a kid. holed up in my room listening to my Cyndi Lauper record, drawing and reading and drifting off into a hardcore nap totally unaware that I was losing consciousness. waking up and finding my mom had cooked something very yummy. maybe homemade chili or turnovers filled with ground beef, potatoes and carrots. gosh...nothing gets my appetite going like a rainy-day nap. I would devour that food and lay around watching TV for the rest of the evening. if I had only known to appreciate it at the time! no responsibility. no cooking for others. no washing clothes. no cleaning bathrooms. no bills to be paid. I could read a book for a day and a half straight and FINISH it! nowdays I'm lucky if I get 15mins of pure reading time. my books drag on for weeks now. terrible. I almost dont want to bother with the torture of folding down the corner before I'm damn good and ready. oh well. my rewards are many. but I would love to go home right now and lay down on my bed, wrapped up in polar fleece and totally shoeless. my head cradled by a firm pillow as the rain pitter-patters on the window. If only my mom would show up with a pot of chili...
No comments:
Post a Comment