Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Introducing The Incredible And Amazing Peepers!

Is there anything cuter than a kid who DOESNT scream when they are TOTALLY expected to scream? like Peepers for instance. I had assumed that giving him his breathing treatments would be absolute HELL. most kids are scared of the loud mechanical buzzing sound that the nebulizer emits (go figure) and having a mask over their face is terrifying. but Peepers? he sits there like a pro. cool as a cucumber. in fact...he reminds me of the caterpillar from Alice In Wonderland, casually sucking opium through that little tube. it was opium wasnt it? anyway. he sits there with his little dinosaur breathing mask and hardly blinks while the vapors swirl up and around his little head. it is oh so cute! my kid is tough! he isnt bothered by some smoking mask and loud, jolting engine noises! he's not fazed! he's bad ass! he even looks fascinated about the whole thing! my gosh. I remember that Cristian was put on the nebulizer once and he was pretty unimpressed by it and didn't buck or cry at all but he was OLDER. he was old enough to understand my explanations. Peepers is just a tiny (okay chubby) little infant of not even 4 months. he has every RIGHT to freak out. he has the right to shriek in terror. I would totally feel awful and completely understand if he did, but he doesnt. I am so freaking lucky. and I hope I didn't just sit here and give myself "the salt" about this because if I go home tonight and he throws a Baby Hulk Fit when I try to give him his treatment...I will totally erase this post. like when I say...'look he's not crying and he's singing and really happy!' and then he turns into a writhing little beast. just because I was bragging on him. so I'll keep my fingers crossed and submit this post for your viewing pleasure. wish me luck for my little vapor-inhaling Hulk Baby!

No comments: