Okay so I thought that the Trolley would be an inexpensive mode of travel. I was in Las Vegas, after all....where a bottled water costs $3 everywhere. The Monorail was down and I had never rode in a taxi before....so I set about loading myself and my family on the Trolley. An hour later we were STILL on the Trolley and only halfway down the Strip. We exited at the Venetian and took a cab to the Stratosphere Tower. After that...I fancied myself a Taxi Pro. But that first ride...I couldnt help but wonder if I was being filmed for that Taxicab Confessions show. I was scanning for a hidden camera and eyeing the driver suspiciously even as I answered his friendly questions in what surely must have sounded like a Texan drawl. I dont THINK I have a southern accent but I'm pretty sure I do. Escpecially when I say things like...."ya'll". I know for sure that Roy has a very attractive southern manner of speaking thanks to his childhood in Abilene, TX. but I digress. I highly recommend Taxis when traveling in Las Vegas. We got to where we were going WAY faster and we were alot less sweaty.
No comments:
Post a Comment