Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Alarming

I've done plenty of awful things to my husband but one of these things REALLY stands out in my mind as my favorite. A few months ago I was leaving for work in the morning. I was hustling and bustling because I was running late as usual. Roy was still asleep since he didnt have to be to work until later in the day. I quietly shut the bedroom door and tippy-toed down the hall. Grabbed my purse, keys and coffee. Signaled Cristian with the...hurry-hurry-hurry-we-gotta-go-we're-gonna-be-late-no-perfect-attendance-for-you sign (which looks something like me snapping my fingers and pointing at the door) and I commenced with setting the alarm. no, right. I set the alarm. That thing that goes off when its motion detection sensors are tripped. The one that makes a crazy loud noise when a burgular is trying to break into the house in the middle of the night to rape and kill me. That thing. I set it. Lo and behold approximately 45 minutes later my bleary-eyed husband arose to use the restroom. He opened the bedroom door. Stepped out into the hallway. And YOOOOOOOOOWZA! The alarm went off. He did what he later described to me as The Dance No Man Should Do In His Underwear. And I laughed until my stomach hurt REALLY BAD. So now sometimes when I leave the house in the morning and he is still in bed...my finger ACHES to push that code in and set the alarm. But I'll wait until I have hidden a camera for that.

12 comments:

Cece Martinez said...

I left profanity? I am totally red with shame. I use it alot, myself but...wow. just the word...profanity...sounds heinous. I don't even remember now, what I was profaning. Is that a word? My apologies. No hard feelings. I'll try to keep a clean mouth when visiting. I AM SO EMBARRASSED! however, I do use alot of profanity on my own blog...because it is my own. Fear not, I will continue to issue profanities here. I hope I am not too offensive.

Cody said...

Profanity should be loved by all. It is like a mana from fucking heaven. Just kidding. I'm a little scared now reading your blog. It's like reading a rated R sitcom about a young couples happy, wacky marriage.

Cece Martinez said...

These are things I laugh about. I could censor myself to adhere to others standards but the entire point of writing here is so that I can share my life for what it is. I talk about these things, I write about these things, and ultimately I joke about these things. Stop getting mental pictures if it bothers you so much!

Cece Martinez said...

Are you ultra-proper or spiritual or...why no profanity? I mean...since it wasn't YOUR profanity but mine. Does it still count as much? Like...if I leave a four letter F word in my comment that should only count for 5 points but if you use a four letter F word in your posting thats at least 25 points right there. Just wondering...

Anonymous said...

you wouldnt really put a hidden camera to spy on your husband while he does that dance... would you?

Cece Martinez said...

Point taken, FOF. I suppose that would be the reason why I don't let my mom know that I have a blog. She would be horrified by my blatant use of profanity. And now I feel dirty. thanks...

Anonymous said...

i hear ya cece... i have like 3 different speaking "personalities":

work - professional
parents - no profanity
other - whatever...

Cece Martinez said...

No I wouldnt really hide a camera for the uses of capturing my husband dancing in his underwear. I don't know how to wire electrical thingys. But more importantly...my imagination probably paints a more hilarious picture. The real thing probably looks a little sad...and unattractive.

Cece Martinez said...

Right?!? I also speak 'kid'. That one sounds something like this...
-Get over here!
-Leave that alone!
-Stop it!
-Put that down!
-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD QUIT ASKING ME FOR THAT DECK OF YU GI OH CARDS OR I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER YU GI OH CARD EVER AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFETIME EVER!
It goes something like that...

Cece Martinez said...

Gads!
I'd never talk to my baby like that! Disgusting. Thats like...the baby talk version of profanity! You hit on a point here again because I very much dislike talking to children as if they were little idiots. Thats why my eight year old uses words like 'malice' and 'demise'. and says things like..."Sorry Mom. I have a no give-back policy." when I ask him for a bite of his blizzard. A NO GIVE BACK POLICY?!
what the...?!?

Anonymous said...

no give back policy?

Cece Martinez said...

okay so maybe it was my SECOND bite of his Blizzard...