Friday, September 10, 2004

Roy The Angry Banker

Roy's work week is a Sunday through Thursday deal so on Fridays he usually tries to pick me up for lunch. every other Friday is also Payday so on these days we go to the bank. normally I run inside because, believe it or not...that is faster. its not SUPPOSED to be faster...but it is. today, however...I opted not to run in because the drive-thru lines looked reasonable. by the way...I have a certain knack for picking the worst fucking line to stand in at ANY public place of transaction. meaning that if I am in line at the grocery store and I have two items in the 10 items or less line and the person in front of me only looks like they have 3-4 items...then something will go wrong. ...something like the bank card won't work...or a price tag is missing...or the eggs are broken...or the manager is taking a really long fucking time getting over to the register with that damnable key of hers. so of course in light of all of this....the first thing that went wrong was that Roy was waiting to make a left turn into the bank and an oncoming van was sloooooowly making its way in the opposite lane. THEN...WITHOUT USING HIS TURN SIGNAL...he made a right turn into a parking lot right before the point we needed to turn into...which meant that we had just waited for his slow ass all for naught. if he had INDICATED to us that he would be turning at a junction before OUR junction...we could have proceeded with our turn and saved a good 30 seconds. a WHOLE THIRTY SECONDS, PEOPLE! and NOTHING pisses my husband off more than wasting THIRTY SECONDS...YOU BASTARD! so Roy said something to the effect of...'yeah nice use of your turn signal ASSHOLE!' and glared at him the entire time we were turning into the drive-thru and even craned his neck to continue the glare as we drove up to get into line. as if that guy in the van would be scared of a man that he likely couldn't even see in a car in the next parking lot. and Roy grumbled and grinched about it. so then we were the second car in line and the guy in front of us was taking an extraordinarily long time to complete his transaction which only further enraged the already simmering Roy. and what followed was a scathing statement on the car:teller ratio and why don't banks follow the car:teller ratio those @#$@%!%$!*$*%%@!!!! BASTARDS! the car:teller ratio should be upheld at ALL costs! do NOT send 2 tellers out to do a 5 lane job! if there are 5 lanes open, then there should be 5 tellers! inside the bank there is one line and 4 tellers! what gives?! WHAT GIVES?! I WANT TO KNOW! okay actually ROY wants to know. and he really wants to know really freaking bad. and the grumping and grinching continued. meanwhile...I was keeping my cool. and how could I not? Peepers was in the backseat providing a spectacular display of baby smiles and droolie coos. by the time I put my ass back in my seat, we were done. besides...Roy does enough bitching for the two of us and then some. He's my Bitchy Old Papa Bear. and I happen to think Bitchy Old Papa Bears are REALLY HOT. so bitch on Papa Bear! bitch on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did like the one about you and Roy at the bank .......I had a similar encounter at the ATM at my bank . Some guy was trying to do a hostile takeover of RJR Nabisco via the fucking ATM . He took forever . And then to make matters worse my Dually does not fit well in the lanes that are for the ATM . I can negotiate the truck thru the drive thru lanes , but the ATM lane is a little tight , and I do not want to clip a bollard or the ATM , so I park out in the pass thru lane and then walk over to the ATM to do my business . So there I am watching this guy fumble with his cards and then he apparently did no know his PIN, so he fumbles some more, and I surmised that his SEC filing paperwork for the hostile takeover must not have been in order, or he had the documents for merger ONLY and this was causing him and I undo frustration . While all of this is going on 2 cars pulled in behind him and waited . I am out of the truck now and standing at the ready to use the ATM . Mr. Nabisco admits defeat and slowly pulls away and I walk over to the ATM , card in hand .

The car who was next in line ( after me of course ) has the audacity to HONK at me .....like they were next ....fuck that ...did this old whore not see me standing at attention while Mr. Nabisco failed at his hostile takeover ??? Who the fuck does she think SHE is ?? I have been waiting for a good 10 minutes, before the old whore even showed up. I flipped her off as I stuck my card in the machine . As I am waiting for my money she is in her piece of shit car and I can hear her talking shit to me in Spanish . I get my money and walk back to the truck , and Mary says " Was that bitch talking shit ??" ...I said " Yeah ,she was calling me shit in Spanish ." That was all it took ...Mary rolls the back window down and climbs into the backseat and starts yelling the most vile hateful shit in Spanish back at her as I am driving away ....arms flailing out the window ....yelling shit ( loosely translated ) to the effect that a dog would not lick her ( down there ) cause it smells too bad , and that her car is shit , her face is shit , her family is shit , and that no one wants to be near her because she is like shit ......All I could see in my rearview mirrors was my wife's arms gesturing , and the lady at the ATM yelling back in Spanish ....It took almost a block to calm my wife down .....she was still talking shit to that bitch on the other side of town as I was pulling in my driveway . ......So I know how you feel about the bank scene.

-Mike Rotta

Jessie said...

So drive-through banks are supposed to make life easier, is that right? Everyone's in such a hurry to be somewhere other than where we are now.

I include myself in that statement. Cece, thanks for visiting the Backyard.

Cece Martinez said...

Yup. We do everything in our power to be faster, be speedier, be more efficient...and then what? We discover that multi-tasking IS pretty fucking hard.

Here's me....
I have an hour lunch. I must go to the bank. I must pick up a burger. I must drop off that roll of film. I HAVE AN HOUR. I can do all three of these things because drive thru services exist in my world. I must drive quickly. I must eat my burger while I am driving. I must fill out my banking paperwork while I am in the drive thru line at the burger place. I must call the bank on my cell phone and get my stats while I am in line at the photo lab. I have 5 mins left to get back to work. I secretly wish for a Star Trek Transporter Device to be invented sometime in the near future. I get back to work. I am exhausted. And my tummy hurts.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Jessie said...

Online banking, digital photos, order-in lunch. :)