Thursday, September 16, 2004

Vegas Buffet

My dad has decided to take all of us to Las Vegas to see the De La Hoya-Hopkins fight (yeah I know Hopkins is going to win) and we are leaving this evening. The following people will be traveling together....Mom, my sister, Roy's mom, Roy, Me, Cris, and the ever esteemable, Peepers Extraordinaro. My dad will be flying into Vegas tomorrow morning to meet us. which puts my Mom in charge of the group. GOD HELP US. I predict that my sister will have her shrieking in insanity within the first hour. either that or my sister will be shrieking in insanity. or both of them will be shrieking together. they are World Class Shriekers. so anyway. I have been mapping out fun things to do like...go to the Star Trek Experience and the Wax Museum and the Stratosphere Tower...and meanwhile Roy has been painstakingly researching buffets. buffets. We are going to LAS VEGAS HOME OF ELVIS AND CELINE DION FOR THE LOVE OF GOD and Roy's only request so far has been that we eat at the Spice Market Buffet located at the Aladdin Hotel. in fact. he went so far as to BEG that we eat there. something about shrimp and crab legs and more shrimp and something else about crab legs and shrimp being there. my husband. is going to Vegas. to eat at the buffet. oh! and since we are staying at the NY-NY Hotel...he has also put in a smaller, but no less urgent, request for a Nathan's Hot Dog with chili and onions and mustard and jalapenos. you heard me. he has already ORDERED HIS HOT DOG. and don't conclude from this, that Roy is a chunk-a-lunk. He is merely average sized...well maybe he has a small beerish belly, but other than that...he's not fat. he's just a simple man with simple needs. and he simply needs a DAMN BUFFET. but thats okay. its kind of funny, really. kind of. a little. and all I have to say about that is...Thanks for giving me more Blog Ammo, hon! See you here on Monday for a full report!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agree with Roy on both points ....buffets ...and of course the Nathan's (kosher) dogs .....I used to go to a place on Fremont Street called " Foxy Dog " ...I do not know if they were Nathan's dogs ...but they were New York Style none the less ....great place ....I do not think it is there anymore ..( tear ) ...but you could get it anyway you wanted ....I wanted ...mustard , pickles ,onions and black olives .....Man they were FUCKING GOOD ....for a college kid on a fixed income that place was heaven ...the dogs were like $2 ...loaded .....I also liked eating at the Peppermill ....great 50 cent shrimp cocktails (I know I am dating myself here but it was 1985) and all in the world was right ...I had hair, a monochrome yellow Chrysler Laser Turbo XE, got more pussy than a toilet seat, a Don Johnson linen suit and my huarache sandals (ala Miami Vice) ...I was DA BOMB !!!

Times were so much better then .....just last month I drove through Vegas for the first time in 10 years ....I was blown away ....what used to be desert out in the middle of bum fuck nowhere ...was now a Best Buy ......I was in shock.

-Mike Rotta

The Saturnyne said...

I like the present. It's got all these brilliant technological gadgets and things... i just don't like the people who inhabit it much...

THanks very much, Cece, for all the posts on my blog these past few days. It's always nice to see someone new drop in, especially when they love my cat pics...

Actually came across your blog several days ago, probably via Jessie's place, bless 'er! So i put it in my favourites folder and intended to come back and say "hi"... but you beat me to it!

But "Hi" anyway.
=}