Cristian is preparing for a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament at one of the local malls (okay not that we HAVE any local malls...just one of the malls thats NOT where we live but is still only 20mins away) . He has been brushing up with the Yu-Gi-Oh Policies and Procedures book and is busily assembling the "Ultimate Deck". Yesterday he bamboozled his Gramps into buying a $20 card and a $10 card. These cards are allegedly so hot that he just might be unbeatable. This morning as we drove to the summer sitters house, Cristian was poring over the Ultimate Rule Book and trying to engage Peepers with the facts and fictions of Yu-Gi-Oh Dueling. Peepers remained Ultimately Uninterested. "Peepers."...he scolded..."No snoozing while I'm teaching you how to play Yu-Gi-Oh. This is important!" I could just see in the rearview mirror that Cristian had his face buried under the canopy of Peepers carseat and was trying his bestest to wake him up by annoying the crap out of him. When that failed, he began annoying the crap out of me. "Mom, blah blah blah The Ultimate Blue Eyes Dragon...blah blah blah...now theyre fused together...blah blah blah...MOM! (yes?) blah blah blah...just one more card...blah blah blah...MOM! (WHAT!?) ...are you LISTENING to ME?!" For the love of God, child! I don't understand one word that came out of your mouth! BUT, I will admit that his dedication is fascinating. and I like to see him passionate about things. So as Cristian readies himself for the Ultimate Duel with his Ultimate Deck using his Ultimate Blue Eyes Dragon...I will remain Ultimately Absorbed with all things Yu-Gi-Oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment