Tuesday, July 06, 2004

My Husband's Sisters

I have to say...these people are incredible. I like to think about them and their varying personalities. My husband is the only brother to 6 sisters. They are as follows: Janie, Julie, Joyce, *MY HUSBAND*, Brenda, Hilda, and Sonia. My mother-in-law is a character as well. From her homemade tortillas to the spot of red thread I find stuck to my baby's head when he has the hiccups, she is a wealth of knowledge and humor. I will create a posting based on her sage advice at a later date. Back to my sisters-in-law. Janie is fun-loving and quick-witted. Youthful and winsome, full of laughter and insightful perceptions. She is grudgeless and light-hearted. Julie is comedic and tempermental, alternating between sweet and sour. Easily wounded and equally sentimental. Endlessly kind and occasionally cold. Joyce is the party-girl. Volatile and unequaled in the coolness factor, she is stubborn and endearingly superficial. Brenda is level-headed and no-nonsense. She is laid-back and sensible. Sexy and motherly at the same time. Hilda is the poet. Beautiful in mind and body. Dry-witted and dripping with sarcasm. Seldom aware of her own allure. Frank and yet gentle. Sonia is the eccentric. Tattooed and pierced. The baby of the family. She is one part exasperation, one part adorable. There is no end to her clever cut-downs and 80's imitations. A fan of the mullet and the robot, she is an artist of the intangible.

No comments: