Friday, July 09, 2004

I Am A Half-Breed

Or occasionally referred to as one. My dad is Hispanic and my mom is White. Well deceptively white, that is. She is primarily Scandinavian (Minnesota born) but peppered with American Indian for good taste. Blonde-haired, blue-eyed and fair-skinned. I have fair skin but my hair and eyes are a lighter shade of dark brown and I could pass for white if it wasn't for what I will refer to here as my "indigenous-aztec-peasant nose". At any rate...I enjoy the dual ability to make fun of both hispanics AND whites due to my half and half genetic make up. It is my undying pleasure to point out to my mom that most sick twisted serial killing motherfuckers are white. and to my dad I like to proclaim..."just had to be a MEXICAN" when I see someone doing something insanely stupid. unfair, you say? perhaps. but then again...being called a half-breed doesnt exactly qualify as a compliment does it? nor do I appreciate the inevitable question most hispanics ask me, which is....are you WHITE? and so fucking what?!? i say (but don't actually say). I'm here, I'm half, so get used to it!

No comments: