Thursday, July 29, 2004

Fizzgig

Fizzgig is my little shih tzu.  He is also a little shit.  when I first met Fizzgig, I knew I had to have him because of his striking resemblance to a baby Ewok.  that and he nuzzled me with his furry baby Ewok face and I melted.  I labored tirelessly for 2 days trying to name him.  I tried Baggins and Wickett but Roy just kept calling him Fizzgig anyway.  If you don't recall, Fizzgig is the little ferocious, precocious, ball o' fur character from the movie The Dark Crystal.  The pet of the Gelfling, Kira.  and since my shih tzu was a naughty little s.o.b. right off the bat AND furry too, the name happened to stick.  Fizzgig eventually acquired the last name, Magoogle.  why?  I don't know.  it just seemed to fit.  so in an effort to better train my new housemate I studied the movie, The Dark Crystal because I figured that since Fizzgig didn't understand the English words NO and PEE OUTSIDE maybe he would get it if I commanded him in the Gelfling tongue.  but eventually...."Fizzgig! doi lae!" was about as effective as "Fizzgig!  BLAAAAAH!".  In fact, the only command he seemed to understand was "Fizzgig!  Don't pee on the peemat!  pee right next to it!"  not that I every formally GAVE that command, but whatever.  and he didn't give two shits about Gelfling OR English.  but I'll give that little 'shit-zu' credit.  he can fetch like a mo-fo.  his favorite toy is a brown furry dot about the size of my hand.  her name is Dottie.  if I tell him to bring Dottie, he knows which motherfucker I am talking about!  because there is also the colored knotted rope that we named Mr. Roper and finally the fleece teddy bear who was dubbed Bear-y Manilow.  how did Fizzgig know the difference between the three and not figure out that pooping should not be done on my carpet?  I don't know.  it all seems pretty basic to me.  because of the radiating South Texas heat, Fizzgig no longer sports his Ewok hair-do, we humanely decided that his fur should be kept ultra short.  the problem with this is that the first time they shaved his face I nearly fell over in shock.  something about his eyes and mouth being so exposed made him look remarkably like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.  in fact, I swear I heard him croak..."my preshhhusss.." as he tore like a maniac after the frisbee.  either way...he looks freakin' weird.  but in a good, hold-your-belly-and-laugh kinda way.  and the fact remains that whether he's having an Ewok day, a Fizzgig day, or a Smeagol day...he's pretty damn cute.  even if he DID just tear the ever-living shit out of my poor ficus tree.  little bastard.

No comments: