Wednesday, July 07, 2004
My Mom
I am so much like my mom I drive myself crazy. What would I do without her? She, who has her own language! Carefully developed over the course of many years...oh who am kidding? It's all freestyle. All those words that make up Debbinese. Named after her, of course. who else would call mashed potatoes, 'smashed gators' (an evolution of 'smashed tators', I can only assume). Does she use her own special dialect only with her family? heavens no! many have tried to make sense of words such as 'beltseat', 'schnup and gats', and 'youre snelcome'. Who else could be so dang intelligent and still so scatterbrained and clumsy? I mean besides me. Can you see the two of us colliding head-on in a comedy of errors, day after day? it's a riot. really. For the woman who gives 'bathy-pies' and loves 'schnopschnorn'...I salute you, Mom, for I am you 20 years ago and will be you 20 years from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment