I am an eBay fiend. I need a regular shot of eBay on a daily basis. If I don't get eBay in my system, I start to shake and sweat and convulse. I am constantly amazed by the kind of things I have found on eBay. Things that I have thought I would never find. Who could guess that somebody out there was actually selling the Xanadu Soundtrack ALBUM at the exact time that I decided I must have it? and this is how it all started. I received a nostalgic looking record player with the tape deck and CD player for Christmas. I still had some old records from back in the day but I craved more. I wanted to sit in my living room and listen to fuzzy playbacks of old 80's jams and recall the nights I would sit in my little room surrounded by papers and markers and crayons, drawing by the light of my 12" Christmas tree and humming to myself. so I found Xanadu. then I found Thriller, Off The Wall, and Bad. Then I found Steve Perry. oh I am nowhere near finished though. if I thought Xanadu was an incredible find...I was in store for a REAL surprise. I remembered attending a concert with my parents in Houston...so I looked for Rendevouz by Jean-Michele Jarre and (poof!) there it was! still on an eBay high, I searched for Mydolls (an obscure little Houston band whose guitar player happened to double as my mom's boss at the time) and (poof!) there it was! and it doesnt stop there! I have been decorating my kitchen with those fat Campbells Soup Kids and guess where I found all the old metal signs and trays that are now covering my kitchen walls? eBay! hurray! and I just bought Cristian a lot of 19 Teen Titans comic books from the 80's! on a whim! there is no limit to what I can find and desire on eBay. none at all! I was looking for a new sterling silver rosary? (bam!) I got it for my birthday with the matching bracelet! my husband now knows to peek at my eBay watch list when he's out of ideas. God Bless the man. I remember as a child, anticipating packages in the mail from my grandparents for Christmas and Birthdays....now I can anticipate packages anytime I want! its STILL perfectly lovely to receive that box and tear it open to find my newest prize! not to mention the thrill of winning a bid. there is nothing about eBay that I don't like, as a matter of fact. and I doubt there is anything that I can think of that isn't being sold there by someone. but be careful...its addicting. I don't worry about it though because I can quit anytime I want to. no really. I can.
2 comments:
Mydolls? Didn't I see them once at The Orange Show?? Really, Cece, we were the COOLEST 6th graders ever in all of Houston.
getting stiffed on ebay sucks big time!! it's happened to me only once. i still want to go smack the guy. if i ever get to california, beware ebay stiffer guy!
Post a Comment