Monday, August 30, 2004

Boba Fett...Sissy?

The other day Roy and I were lounging in our room watching Star Wars- Attack of the Clones. Now despite all the boo-ers and hiss-ers...I like Star Wars in any shape or form. new trilogy or old. makes no difference to me. anyway. Roy decides to point out something to me that he has noticed. he says...'hey. why does Boba Fett have a sissy-gun?' I look at him...my face stamped with a flashing question mark. what is he talking about?! Boba Fett is like...totally one of the coolest Star Wars characters ever and he is soooo bad ass! I remember when I first found out that Boba Fett would be included in the new trilogy...I was SO EXCITED and now here is my husband...having the nerve to accuse Boba Fett...the notorious Bounty Hunter...BOBA FETT..of being a Siss?! what the...?! In my most rational voice I inquired...'what do you mean?!' and Roy further stated...'that sissy gun! why does Boba Fett have a pea-shooter?! look at him! he's got a little pea-shooter gun!' a PEA SHOOTER?! he just said Boba Fett has a PEA SHOOTER?! I am incredulous. I stutter...'but he wears the armor of the Mandalorians! what do you mean PEA SHOOTER?' and Roy explains...'well look at the way he holds that little sissy gun. he should have one of those big tough guns!' and he demonstrates this by hefting an imaginary rocket launcher onto his shoulder and making a 'vwoof vwoof' sound. but...but...how do I explain to this man that I love...this man who never worshipped the Star Wars gods before he met me...that George Lucas doesn't roll like that! for Cripe's Sake! he gave his JEDIS lightsabers! he is not interested in big guns! he is interested in the art of lightsaber dueling! LIGHTSABERS! do you understand?! what effectively amounts to nothing but an updated swashbuckling SWORD! the fact that Boba Fett totes a GUN in the first place just makes him all the more nefarious! but to imply that a small gun...one that is easy enough to conceal and/or hang onto while jumping around on otherworldly terrains and is STILL powerful enough to burn a sizeable hole through your opponent is a SISSY GUN...well damn...what more do you want?! its a freaking laser gun! this is in a galaxy far far away! they don't need BIG GUNS! their crotch rockets fly! they cruise around in space saucers! they...they...they...go to war in AT-ATs! I mean...sheesh! its sleek. not SISSY. pea shooter. I swear. If he wasn't the most gorgeous man I've ever seen...I think I would just...pop him one for saying something so mean about Boba Fett. but...although I think Boba Fett is hot (mind you only when he is wearing his headgear), Roy is HOTTER and I get to crawl into his lap any old time I feel like it so who cares about some sissy gun wielding bounty hunter from another galaxy? Not me.

2 comments:

Julia said...

DORKS!!!!!!!!!!

Cece Martinez said...

anyway, it was JANGO FETT!