Monday, August 09, 2004

The Village (Idiots)

Roy and I went to see The Village on friday night. and we were TOTALLY clueless. we were so clueless in fact, that we THOUGHT we had things figured out and we were completely WRONG. We didnt see it coming. we TOTALLY didn't see it coming. and we had all sorts of theories...like Roy's theory that the dad was sacrificing her to the creatures to save them all. HAHAHAHA! see the movie to figure THAT one out. or my theory that it was the kooky guy all along. yeah RIGHT. I must admit though. Roy got one thing right before I did. The significance of the color red. and he got so freaking excited about it that he nearly went insane. I said....'but I wonder....what WAS the significance of the color RED. why RED?' and Roy rapidly and hysterically began....'well because lkasjdo;fiuao;wh and o;iasudfo;aijwefl and l;ajsd;ofjiao;ie and oauiweo;csdhfl and then l;kasdjf;iluwioehf and thats why laksdfl;ihyuwo;ifn because l;ksdf;iluwoenf and so it l;kafjoiwefnhkl.' and on and on and so on. and I looked at my husband with my eyes wide and fearful and thought to myself....'this guy just went looney.' and 'how can I escape a moving vehicle?' and with a nervouse giggle I said....'damn hon. you were really on a roll there.' heh...heh....heh... suffice it to say that this movie may not be terrifying but then again...Shamaylan's (sp?) movies are not horror-type movies...although they are very thought-provoking. were we in suspense? yes. was I a bit spooked? yes. did I know what the fuck was going on? no. did I ponder it most of the weekend? yes. Shamaylan's mission was accomplished then, I suppose. I hear alot of people thought the movie sucked but I liked it. I didn't want to go in there and be totally grossed out and go home terrified. I wanted him to trick me like he always does. and he did. good nuff for me.

No comments: