My husband has like...too many nicknames for me to even count, but one of my favorites is when he calls me his Salamander. He might call me on the cell as I'm leaving work and ask me...'where is my Salamander?'...and I might squeak back...'your Salamander is on her way home.' cuz when he calls me his Salamander...I get squeaky like that. I think I imagine that salamanders speak in squeaks. Who would ever think to give their beloved a name like 'Salamander'? I mean...what IS a salamander? aren't they one of those fleshy colored slimy lizards? am I going to have to Google a salamander? another nickname he uses occasionally is fiddle-faddle. he calls me his fiddle-faddle. sometimes when he comes home from work he will say...'Hey there fiddle-faddle!'. and I twitter and giggle because I like being called goofy nonsensical names. My first ever nickname was Boobear. I was the Boobear...or Boo...or Boobee, for short, but imagine being at the video store and having some guy call out to you from the New Releases aisle....'BOOBEE! HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?!' as he excitedly waves around some hunga-bunga action flick. 'Boobie?'...the other patrons of the store are thinking...'Did he just call her a boobie?' meanwhile, I'm ducking around the corner. sometimes if I have been teasing him alot, my husband has also been known to call me sweet nothings like...'You Little Crapster!' crapster. but I have to admit...I like being the Salamander, best. it makes me feel cute and....lizardy. I envision a sweet petite pink salamander with dexterous little feet a la the gecko from Geico. with demure eyes and a lipgloss smile. lizard legs crossed, tail draped over one forearm like a shawl. but I'm pretty sure Roy envisions something totally different when he calls me his Salamander. maybe like...a little sneaky clever creature...lurking around the corner...ready to leap onto his head and cling to his face with sticky amphibious paws. I don't know for sure but either way...I get to be small and agile. works for me.
Signed: Fiddle-Faddle
No comments:
Post a Comment