Thank GOD its almost Friday. Saturday we will attempt to get some professional pictures of the kiddos. Peepers will be the primary target, since we do not currently have a Peepers picture up in the Hall(way) Of Fame. I am hoping for several things. First and foremost...that Peepers is in a good mood and secondly that he is not spitting up all over his outfit that is identical to Cristians (isn't that the fucking cutest?!) because that is the entire point of them matching. you know. that they match. this will be a little tricky because we need to schedule the pictures in that fine line area where Peepers is full and happy yet not spitting up and not already on the verge of hunger for another bottle. and let me stress that this is a fine line indeed. Peepers is a happy, jolly, cooing machine most of the time but he knows when to be a beast. and he does it best when he is not supposed to. SO other things I hope for are that Peepers hair isn't sticking up too much (which will be an unrealized hope, for sure) and I hope that Cristian doesnt make that weird, tight smile and Iliana doesnt make that weird chiclet teeth smile. but I'm sure when the final shots are assessed one will look like he's squinting in the sun and the other will look like she is grimacing in pain. kids. cant they just give natural smiles like us adults do? you know...those pictures of you where you either dont smile at all..THATS natural...or you give that little half smile...the non-committal smile that says...I-really-wish-you-wouldnt-take-a-picture-of-me-right-now-because-all-of-my-eyeshadow-is-rubbed-off-and-I'm-not-wearing-any-lipstick. or the I'm-the-happiest-fucking-person-in-the-world-because-I'm-on-vacation smile. but not kids. they either give you the tight smile because they do NOT want to pose for a picture or the chiclet smile because they like posing for pictures too much. and both of these poses somehow induce the children to lift one hand in a fake wave. whats with the fake wave?! who told these kids I wanted them to fake wave in the picture?! I NEVER gave the instruction to fake wave. the fake wave is lame. and if I wasnt too busy trying to snap the picture before they run off again, I would NOTICE the fake wave and shout something to the effect of...'Hey! I don't want your fake wave in this shot!' but on the other hand, I can rest assured that Peepers will no doubt, not smile at all....or wave, thank God. but thats okay. its what he does. he smiles right up until you snap the picture. then when you get the prints back, he just looks somewhat startled. so in light of these simple requests, I fully expect to see a nice 8x10 of a startled looking baby flanked by two hands raised in a fake wave.
oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment