Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Cece Loves Roy 4-Ever

My wonderful, deliciously sneaky husband just hand-delivered a beautiful spring bouquet of the most vividly colorful flowers with a hand-written heart-shaped note that reads as follows:

Why?
Because you care.
Because you're kind.
Because you're mine.
Because you're wonderful.
Because you're smiling...
that makes me smile.
Because I love you.

Now truthfully any man with six sisters should know how women work...or at least have a pretty good idea. but MY man goes well beyond a simple working knowledge of how to please me. He is a Professional Cece Pleaser and I pale in comparison. This man washes the dishes. Throws in a load of laundry. Sweeps and mops on his day off. Takes his turn on Baby Duty. and has been known to whip up extra special surprise treats like waxing and buffing the entire house. and then there is the endless patience he has with me. sure I come home from work tired. and sometimes...okay alot of time...I don't have enough energy left in me to cook. and I barely get the bare neccessities completed before I fall into bed. and I WISH I could iron his work clothes for him every evening so they would be ready for him in the morning. and I WISH I didn't pester him to do things that I can do myself...like changing light bulbs or taking out the trash. and the truth is....he does so much and gives so much...and I wonder how he tolerates a leech such as myself. and I wonder what I offer him that he loves me like this. and I know in the deepest place inside of me...that I love him more than I could ever verbally express. I love him with a love that pains my chest and makes my head heavy when I think of it. because it is a love that is too often undeclared. too often unexpressed. too often taken for granted. it is a BIG LOVE. a love that you feel when you are loved back. when you are special to someone. when you are important to them. maybe I don't say it or show it often enough. but I love you Roy. you are the most attractive man I have ever met and I melt for you on a daily basis. you still give me butterflies when we kiss and I still miss you awfully when we are apart. and when the artificial blonde highlights in my hair have greyed and the soft pale skin you love so much has wrinkled...I will still Love you. with all that I am. as cheesy as that sounds. and if anyone of my co-workers tries to 'borrow' you as they have requested...I will scratch their fucking eyes out! cuz you're mine! now and forever ever ever. Thank you for being exactly who you are. I ask for no more and no less. I ask for nothing else. Just be you. with a beer in one hand and shrimp in the other. Thats how I love you. exactly that. and Thanks alot for making me the envy of all the other women here. feels damn good!

No comments: